Factorio Plus Plus

For more content in Factorio. Description/language in english/german

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Chunk Grinding

5 years ago

There's no recipes for chunk grinding. Only thing I can do with the chunks is void them via PyIndustry.

5 years ago

just the research "grinding". after researched it, put these chunks into the sorting machine. if this doesn´t work, let me check it more.

5 years ago

@AshenSwift
let me ask you if the problem is solved or not. it is important for me as a modder to know if the mod works fine or not

5 years ago

I don't have a chunk grinding research available.

5 years ago

I have a diamond grinding research, and a regular grinding research from Bob's mods. Would it be a bob conflict?

5 years ago

yes, this could be a conflict. the regular grinding research should give you the possibility to put These chunks into the sorting machine, as you can put the Diamonds in there after the Diamond grinding Research. the Diamond grinding Research Needs the grinding Research

5 years ago

i just checked it by myself. indeed, it is the point of incompatibility of these mods. sorry. but also, thank you. i have to think about this problem now :)

5 years ago

Glad we could get it figured out. Bob's is really popular. And sorry for the delays. Had a bit of a period where I couldn't really play Factorio. T_T

5 years ago

Probably the simplest way to avoid the conflict would be to rename your research from Grinding to Chunk Grinding or something similar.

5 years ago

I just checked it out, sorry for late answer.
The both mods are not meant to be for each other. They are content overhauls and i saw, there is not just the grinding thing but some more incompatibilities. Just rename everything would not only create chaos (imagine to have some resources like silver or gold in two different types on the map, incompatible to each others recipe) but also devastate other players research when updating to the new version. I could patch that issue with bobs and fpp but it would only be the tip of the ice mountain for me and all other testers which are playing both mods. I recommend you to chose for one of them.
Bobs if you like complexity,
Fpp if you like easy gameplay

Sorry for that, and also thank you for reporting (even hunt down these incompatibles would lead me into a long maze journey)
Kintharo

New response