Logistic Wagon

by folk

Adds a new kind of train cargo wagon that connects to the logistic system in weird and mysterious ways.

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Logistics

g issues with shuttle lite mod?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

im trying to get the mod to work my shuttle train, i got a locomotive, logistic wagon and a locomotive set up 1-1-1.

it seems to suck up things from a red chest when a normal train leaves in the manual mode but not when in automatic

but for the shuttle train manual mode and automatic do not work.

also questions. so what i get is i have to load a red chest with the items first for them to go into the wagon?

to me that seems backwards. I would think a blue chest to request things to it from the network, so when the train pulls up it can suck in the items. and when at the unloaded it places the items into a red chest so the outpost can have the items in a passive provider chest.

6 years ago

Thanks for the comment!
Unfortunately, I did not understand a single paragraph except the first one.

it seems to suck up things from a red chest when a normal train leaves in the manual mode but not when in automatic

Logistic Wagons only process things if they arrived in automatic mode to the station. If the shuttle train immediately goes into manual mode when it reaches its destination, that might be the problem.

But I'm not certain I understand what you said.

but for the shuttle train manual mode and automatic do not work.

I don't understand this sentence.

also questions. so what i get is i have to load a red chest with the items first for them to go into the wagon?

I don't understand the question. When a Logistic Wagon stops at a station in automatic mode, if it finds a passive provider chest, and the wagon is filtered, inserts enough items into the chest so that it has one full stack of each filtered item.

Then, when it leaves the station again, the contents of all passive provider chests are loaded into the wagon until the wagon is full.

to me that seems backwards. I would think a blue chest to request things to it from the network, so when the train pulls up it can suck in the items. and when at the unloaded it places the items into a red chest so the outpost can have the items in a passive provider chest.

I am not sure I understand what you're saying, but I am aware that the vanilla roles for each logistic chest type do not map directly to how the Logistic Wagon handles them. That's why the mod description is so long.

But what you are describing in your last paragraph is already how it works:
1. At the provider station, put down a blue chest with a zero-request filter in it, and filter wagon slots for the items you want to load.
2. At the unloader station, put down an active provider or a storage chest.

New response