Just go!

by folk

Instantly pops you into a filtered vehicle when you place it within reach of the player character, and picks it up again when you exit.

Utilities
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16

g Made a similar mod - VehicleVaulting

7 years ago

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=31541

Great minds think alike. Maybe you can provide some feedback on my mod to me or steal some ideas from my mod to improve yours.

VehicleVaulting is even more fluid than JG!, but it is kind of over the top and over powered since you can run towards a native nest and press enter to just glide through your enemies and crush them and then just press enter again to run again. It kind of makes all guns pointless. Really fun to play around with though ^^

My mod is a WIP and not updated for 0.15. You can try it out if you want but it doesn't yet take fuel/ammo from your inventory. It just magically spawns it. And it just deletes all the items in the vehicles inventory without giving it to the player. And maybe the vehicles gets full health every time you vault them. Lots of stuff missing since I wanted to just see if it was a viable concept before sinking more dev time into it.

7 years ago

Thank you, yes, great minds do think alike.
But Just GO! - for my use - is done. Complete. There are no features I want to add, with one exception:
- Automatically picking up the vehicle when the player disembarks - while obviously retaining the contents of any equipment grid.
However, when I made the mod I was unable to find a way of achieving this. There might be one, obviously, just that I didn't find it at the time. I haven't investigated it further.

I welcome suggestions, and can accomodate others by adding features they want. But then you have to ask for a specific one and be explicit.

I use this mod along with https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/folk-fill to fill the vehicles fuel and ammo slots.

Feedback-wise, for your mod; I would just say try to do less processing per tick (return early), and store the X/Y coordinates in their own variables instead of creating two new table{}s every tick per player.
In any case, I'm too tired to analyze it properly.

New response