SUPERSONIC High Speed Train & fast large wagon Mod

Adds a high-speed and extra fast train & large wagons to Factorio for travel purposes and fast high quantity transport.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation

g why so limiting?

5 years ago

this new locomotive tier only accepts nuclear cells or your special fuel, that limitation is bothersome due the fact that some mods provide faster and more efficient fuel (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/op_train_speed)

5 years ago

there is also a modded fuel included giga-fuel that doubles the max speed

also i limited the fuels because mk3 would burn 5-8 coal /s and that might lead to may people running out of fuel very often

5 years ago

I saw this new fuel, but it's still slower than the one I usually use, and the running-out-of-fuel issue should be people's choice, I mean, let people choose what fuel do they want to use

5 years ago

7 fuel slots 50 stack size for coal so at max power (40mw) i will have enough fuel for ~40-45 s
also because of ingame limitations (1 item burnt per tick ) i decided to exclude lost fuels
BUT
since there is a certain request for standard i will reintroduce some chemical ones too
(roket solid coal ) the other ones create some isues beacuse of the 1 per tick thing i said earlier
also converting solid to giga fuel is fast and as i remember u gain a little ( MJ) by doing it

5 years ago

its a burner power source limitation i had the same problem with my giga watt mod

5 years ago

The thing is I am not using your giga power fuel, I use the fuel given by the mod I posted you before, and that one gives you great fuel value, meaning that with 7 stacks, 100 fuel units per stack, 150MJ per unit, you have ~1750 seconds of movement in a row

5 years ago

Sorry, if at max power it consumes 40mw, then I you would have 2625 seconds of movement

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

can try and set fuel filter based on fuel-value.
cycle through available fuels in a for loop and if fuel value is > some amount (say >100MJ) , allow it in use in the trains. this should make it work with a variety modded fuels while also limiting it to fuels that won't run out so quickly)

5 years ago

@usafphonix
that was my initial idea but it cant be done because of the game engine
but i can maybe add some more fuels from certain mods if i know what what from where(mod)
and the stack size and fuel value
also mk3 can use 70MW that is why i tried to limit it to powerful fuels

5 years ago

That could work for me, please add the 4 tiers of fuel from this mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/op_train_speed)

5 years ago

Or at least the last tier of it

5 years ago

Also, could you please update the changelog?, it's very useful to know what has changed in each version

5 years ago
5 years ago

the function converts strings that contain MJ or GJ into a number appropriate to the amount of fuel they actually have, this can then be passed to a comparator before being added or blocked from being used in trains.
you're welcome :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

a lightly-redacted example of the log output from the code supplied :

fuel detected: solid-fuel. fuel value is: 25MJ.
converted fuel value: solid-fuel = 25
fuel detected: rocket-fuel. fuel value is: 225MJ.
converted fuel value: rocket-fuel = 225
fuel detected: nuclear-fuel. fuel value is: 1.21GJ.
converted fuel value: nuclear-fuel = 1210

5 years ago

I think fuel value is not the only thing to consider, I mean, it's not the same some fuel with a value of 225MJ, and other with the same value AND 1000% vehicle boost, because the point is not if you are running out of fuel in 8 seconds, the point is if in those 8 seconds the train could go to a station, and back to refuel

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

well you can apply the method i show and just also use a function to determine item stack size and get the item's acceleration value and form a "calculated-fuel-value" relative to others based on the values there and then set a benchmark that must be met in order to be added to list of allowed-fuels

5 years ago

pseduocode: calculated_fuel_stack_value = item.stacksize * item.fuel_value * item.acceleration
benchmark = some number
if item's calculated_fuel_stack_value > benchmark, add item to allowed_list

5 years ago

ill try my best
also i updated the version description

5 years ago

Thanks, and... Just for curiosity what is the normal speed of mk3 trains? Just to compare

5 years ago

Also, stack size is not a very trust worthy thing to consider, due to the fact that Thera are several stack changing mods, I have one of those myself, having my fuel to 500 units per stack

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

exactly: if solid fuel has it's stack size set to 1, that's a problem. thus, it must be included in the equation. you can do a mod-check for various known mods that change stacksizes and check their multipliers directly, but that's not strictly necessary (and not a definitive solution), so check the final result of the stacksize in data-final-updates and use that as one of the variables.

versely, if a type of fuel has it's stacksize set to 40,000 and it has a fuel value of 10MJ and gives 100% acceleration, it's calculated-fuel-value would be higher than a fuel with a stacksize of 1, a fuel value of 100MJ and a acceleration of 2000%. the first fuel would get the train further.

5 years ago

the weight of the train will also impact how FAR it can go, but since we can't really consider that as a variable to decide which fuels should be allowed and which shouldn't, the only ones that matter are the theoretical: stacksize, fuel value, and acceleration. those three combined will give us a rough approximation of the "value" of a fuel type in use in trains. with some testing, and checking the log-output to see what is being gathered from other mods, and what their calculated outputs are putting out and why, you can tweak the settings a bit for the function i gave and come up with something specific for your case.

5 years ago

mk3 is max 40 while mk2 is 15 so its like 9400 km/h
after a lot of attempts i realized that a fuel cant have 2 categories at the same time but i got another idea :
make a quick conversion recipe to a identical item that is slightly name changed

5 years ago

OK... So... What fuels will be abeilable to use?

5 years ago

next update will have last 2 fuels from the thain mod u mentioned a few from py mods and maybe some AB ones if i figure how AB works

5 years ago

Perfect, thanks

5 years ago

by the way, I saw in the changelog that you adjusted mk3 at 30MW, but I just saw that in the game the efficiency is at 70%, when last time was at 90% or so. If the efficiency is lower, then the fuel runs out faster, so the fuel consumption is higher (I think)

5 years ago

I just checked, and still cannot use my tier 3 fuel (and yes, I have the last version of this mod)

5 years ago

Tier 4, last tier, but as I said, I can't use it on mk3

5 years ago

u need to convert it to same item but giga_fuel its a 1:1 conversion ration
ill also chack it fhere is a bug here because i did add a migrate fuel recipe

5 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/54gTCfh

it is 17:1 here because of a mis type but the converting recipe are there corection wil come tonight i think

5 years ago

Thanks

5 years ago

update in 10-15 min

3 years ago

just came here to ask for op train fuel compat and see it should work already but doesn't

New response