Factory Planner

This mod allows you to plan your production in advance, specifying the recipes and machines that make up each assembly line. It provides powerful features that are fast and intuitive to use, so you can focus on actually building your factory.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Ability to create planner from selected buildings

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello!

Tools like RateCalculator are nice, but only give maximum rates rather than actual rates and don't have the strong matrix calculator capabilities of Factory Planner.

The idea is this: Select buildings in the world, and add them to current/new planner. Output values could be set to the current max possible output from the buildings. It would be easy to then manually remove outputs that are meant to be by-products.

It seems like a relatively difficult feature, but it seems like a natural progression, and maybe you have an ingenious way to do it.

Thanks!

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi, you're absolutely right that this would be great to have. I have thought about it quite a bit, and it is quite difficult like you say. The major issues are about how to order the recipes (which is relevant for the traditional solver situation), and how to match up the various 'fake' recipes the mod needs to use for things that don't have real recipes (like mining, rocket silos, etc). Not impossible to do at all, but somewhat complex. If you have any input on this, feel free to share, but yeah I'll need a nice block of time to do this, which is very rare currently.