Factory Planner

This mod allows you to plan your production in advance, specifying the recipes and machines that make up each assembly line. It provides powerful features that are fast and intuitive to use, so you can focus on actually building your factory.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Byproducts & Subfactorys

2 years ago

Hello,
great Mod and Help for me! :)

one question to byproducts.
Is there a way to use (link) byproducts between subfactorys? .. like set the byproducts from subfactory X as input to subfactory Y? .. or must i plan the whole loop in 1 subfactory? (which gets pretty big with mods like bob).

thanks

2 years ago

Hello, and thanks! Unfortunately, that's not possible at the moment. I have some big plans in the back of my mind for a good solution to this, but they are unfortunately far off in the future, so for now, you'll have to do this part mostly manually.

2 years ago

Thanks and good to hear.

my 2 cents:
Maybe its just enough to pass the byproducts from each subfactory to the mainlevel where alle byproducts are added and make an checkbox for the subfactory to allow use of the byproductspool.

2 years ago

That's an interesting proposal, it's kinda sorta similar to what I had in mind for my big solution, but way smaller in scope. I'll think about it, I normally don't like to do 'half-solutions' when I have a full solution in mind though.

2 years ago

I normally don't like to do 'half-solutions' when I have a full solution in mind though.

gg me too :)
but maybe its an good easy intermediate feature to allow a real Factory Planning with Subfactorys in the meantime.

BTW: did i miss a complete Statistic over all Subfactorys together?

2 years ago

Yeah maybe it is, I‘ll have to think about it.

You didn‘t miss something like that, subfactories are fully independent atm, again something I have an idea in mind to address, but yeah, other things come first lol