Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

i Distinguish new factories from built ones and other tag-related suggestions

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

When I place a factory and then deconstruct it, there's very little to distinguish it from a brand new, fresh factory --- even though bots won't build tagged factories, for example. By default, the only visual cue is the "Item has tags." text. Since you already allow an overlay to be added manually by the user, could you add a default one that visually distinguishes a factory that has tags from one which is "fresh?" The tags affect vanilla gameplay (things like whether robots will build it or not), so it's frustrating to have some tagged and some untagged in my inventory.

Also, I'd really like to reuse a factory with bots. I know you can't control the base game, so things like moving an established factory around will probably still have to be manual; but can you add a way to delete the tags, perhaps with an assembler recipe? (Call it "Repurpose factory" maybe?) I personally am fine with it deleting all the things inside the factory --- as long as the recipe includes a warning note --- or even if I have to manually deconstruct the factory's contents before refurbishing. (A lot of the time, I'm wanting this for empty factory buildings, anyway.)

Thirdly, it would be very nice if the following sequence of actions resulted in a fresh factory with no tags:

1. Place a new, fresh factory
  2. Deconstruct it, before adding anything inside, or changing any settings.

As far as I can tell, any factory which has been built previously will always and forever have to be hand built. So, I just throw away "slightly" used factories in order to use bots for construction. (I LOVE bots!!)

Thanks for supporting and updating such a great mod!

New response