Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

b No Power

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

https://prnt.sc/50MDAnJrS1o1
some times the factory does not get a connection on build or looses the power connection unexpected if an other factory is build.
destroy and rebuild does not help.
i haveto destroy all factories and/or power poles in a row.

6 months ago

This is such an awful bug. Just killed my second run in a year or so. Hard to fix other than infinite power mods etc. At some point, a factory just doesn't receive power. From there on it's usually a downwards spiral.

6 months ago

it's not that bad, it's just individual fatories that don't work, it's just annoying because you don't notice it until the items that are produced there run out.
if I first build small power poles or medium power poles in equal numbers in a row, so that only 2 of the connections are used, and than the factories in a row, the problem can be avoided. (at least until now)
https://prnt.sc/6EyCejGV-sV5

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

This is me regretting not seeing this one before, but I actually know the answer here. This is because each power pole can only connect to 5 other power poles, and the Factory is powered like a power pole (to take power to another surface) and not like a machine (which you can use however many fit).

A single power pole connecting to two other power poles can't connect to more than three factories. This means that if you lay your factories out in a grid or a closely spaced line, you can very easily exceed this limit.

This is going to be fixed natively in Factioro 2.0.

2 months ago

with Factioro 2.0. most mods will not work anymore and it will be very time consuming for every mod author to migrate the new API. I would therefore not rely on bugs being fixed with v2.0 ;-)

2 months ago

Well yeah, Factorissimo may need to be completely remade depending on how heavy the changes are, but at least this specific thing will no longer be a bug lol. And as it stands I don't believe it's possible to fix it in its current state without some weird workaround like attaching invisible power poles to factories so that they can link power between themselves or something.

New response