Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

g limited factories per power pole

7 months ago

As the title says, i'm limited to 5 factories per power poles with this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Large-PowerPoles
I wonder if you could add a setting where can you can limit how many factories per power pole. though that is just a suggestion.

7 months ago

The 5 factory per pole limitation is defined at ../countrol.lua line 149

if #pole.neighbours.copper == 5 then
pole.surface.create_entity{name = 'flying-text', position = pole.position, text = {'electric-pole-wire-limit-reached'}}
return
end

You can change the constant to any number you'd like or remove this constraint entirely, although I can't guarantee no side effects from this change. Since I don't understand why the author would impose this limitation in the first place.

7 months ago

Actually i was just reminded that factorio impose a limit of 5 connections per pole, since each pole is technically connected to the factory pole (which creates a pole to pole connection), this mod can't increase this limitation without causing potential compatibility issues.

7 months ago

I see, thank you.

New response