Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

g No longer compatible w/ SE Satellite mode Spidertrons?

1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks for the awesome mod!

I recall reading that it was possible to enter Factorissimo's via Space Exploration's satellite controls using Spidertrons. After finally unlocking them (months into a SE game), it appears this is no longer the case, as of this recent Factorissimo 2 Changelog item:

Date: 2023.1.17
Info:
- Spidertrons now must have a driver for teleportation

Am I understanding correctly that "teleportation" = "entering factorissimos"?
If so, this is a bit sad, and makes Factorissimo's far less appealing for multiple surface situations like SE when it's so costly to get the player around.

From reading other threads here, I do understand this was meant to fix the multiple bug reports about Spiders accidentally entering and disappearing.
But I wonder if there isn't another solution that can still support Space Exploration cross surface compatibility?

Two alternative solutions:
(A) A hotbar toggle "Spiders can enter Factories w/o Driver", that can be kept off most of the time, but selectively enabled when it's necessary to direct a Spider inside. Something like this would be my 1st choice I think, easy to see and toggle (especially w/ a hotkey).
(B) A setting on the individual Spider, like their existing "Automatic Rockets With Driver" and "Automatic Rockets Without Driver" checkbox settings. Then there could be an individual Spider just assigned to go into factorissimos, with others never at risk of accidentally going inside.

Thanks for all your great work!

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Spidertron isn't required. During satellite mode, you can move your camera through the doorway and you will be teleported.

Agree for viewing the inside of factories. But also thinking about modifying the insides. With Spidertrons it would be possible to give them a Personal Logistic Hub, so then they can go inside to build new things, bring new equipment in, remove equipment, upgrade modules, etc.

Especially useful for separate planets.

New response