Extended Angels

Adds recipes and extra tiers of buildings to Angel's Refining, Petrochemical Processing, and Bioprocessing mods.

Content
4 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Error while save loading

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Mod Extended Angels (0.3.10)

Error while running event extendedangels::on_configuration_changed
extendedangels/control.lua:14: attempt to index field 'phosphorus-processing-2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
extendedangels/control.lua:14: in function <extendedangels/control.lua:1>

I just updated the game and related mods, from 18.22 to 18.27
There was said to inform the author, so... here it is. Sorry to bother you if I'm off topic.

3 years ago

i have the same problem

3 years ago

Seems to be the same issue as here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/extendedangels/discussion/5eb856ac196b32000ba05bdd
just with a different mod instead of bioprocessing (Madclown processing I think?).

If you want a temporary fix you can remove that small block of code at line 14.

3 years ago

Same for me just now.

The mod Extended Angels (0.3.10) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event extendedangels::on_configuration_changed
extendedangels/control.lua:14: attempt to index field 'phosphorus-processing-2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
extendedangels/control.lua:14: in function <extendedangels/control.lua:1>

3 years ago

Definitly not Madclown cause i'm not using it. If it the same issue i think it's more likely "Angel's Extended smelting and compression" mod in my case, cause there was an error too before i run the save without this mod after update.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It could still be, since the error happens from not having the mod installed rather than a conflict with it.

Basically, when the mods are changed or updated, this mod is updating which recipes are available based on what technologies have been researched in the save. However, it tries to look and see if you've researched "phosphorus-processing-2" without actually checking to see if that technology exists first (or if the mod that adds it is enabled). Trying to find something that doesn't exist in this situation makes it crash with the null reference exception you got.
The fix for this, as with the other case, is to just add a check to see if the relevant mod is installed before trying to find the technology from it.

When I try searching for "phosphorus-processing-2" I mostly get MadClown results, which is why I suspect that it is the mod in question.

Interestingly, I also found the same issue with the same tech reported on a different mod (also involving Extended Angels), with the changelog suggesting it was due to MadClown's Processing: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Better_Angels_Smelting/discussion/5d7f963f64c43b000d8f2d88

3 years ago

Oh, well, got it now, thanks for explanation!

3 years ago

Have fixed this in 0.3.11 which is out now

3 years ago

Thank you!

This thread has been locked.