Dredgeworks: Frozen Reaches

by Kubius

Extract meteoric deposits from the seas of Aquilo, deposited from space long ago by the shattered planet's rupture. Allows Aquilo to be started from scratch.

Content
3 months ago
2.0 - 2.1
3.43K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Environment Mining Manufacturing

i add water-splash effect when dropping items into ocean

a month ago

Here's code that I got working using what looks to be a splash effect intended or ... spitters hurling acid into water? Anyway, it looks cool:

[code]
for _, ocean_tile_name in pairs({"ammoniacal-ocean", "ammoniacal-ocean-2", "brash-ice"}) do
local tile = data.raw["tile"][ocean_tile_name]
tile.destroys_dropped_items = true
tile.default_destroyed_dropped_item_trigger = {type="direct", action_delivery={type="instant", source_effects={
type = "create-entity",
entity_name = "water-splash",
}}}
end
[/code]

If you had a public code forge (e.g. github) i would submit a PR, but here's a forum post instead in the meantime. Cheers!

a month ago

I'll consider the prospect, but I kind of like the stuff sinking quietly into the cold ammoniacal slush.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Cool. Definitely do whatever you want with your mod. :)

I was inspired to assign the default_destroyed_dropped_item_trigger by looking at the lava tile definition, which spawns some smoke when it happens. I recently poked around in the Muluna mod which destroys items dropped onto the lunar regolith, and it was not at all clear that that was happening at first. i had to slow down and test things to really understand that items were being destroyed. I like the splash effect just to communicate clearly that something happened intentionally.

Anyway, thanks for providing this mod to the world! I'm working my way through my own mod authorship journey, and your code is helpful inspiration! Cheers!

New response