DUNE - The Spice must flow!

by RedRafe

Production Challenge where you need to collect Spice to survive on Arrakis!

Scenarios
1 year, 5 months ago
Enemies Environment Mining

i [Solved] First feeling and feedback

1 year, 5 months ago

Hello,

Here I share my first feeling about this mod.
I want to play this mod because it looks similar to the official "Supply challenge" of Factorio and I like this concept.

On my first try, I was a lot disapointed because of not being able to place burner mining drill and I was thinking this is a bug because of early development...
After 3 tries, I understood that the only solution is to have more "Spice harvesters" and so that I need to rush the research if I want to be "on time".
So then I rush the coal, the iron with the 2 harvesters and mine manually the copper without forgetting to use one harvester to obtain the first objective of 100 spice. Then go build electricity, lab, etc...
But this is not easy at all and very very dependant of the random map.
I suggest to make a fixed custom map for this challenge and/or to decrease the difficulty.
I don't know if this is important to be "on time" and if this is part of this mod. Maybe it is intended to not be "on time" and then to have attacks from ennemies.

-

1 year, 5 months ago

Hi, thanks for the feedback, very appreciated! :)

The mod is intended to be HARD, and yes, you could very easily be late, that is part of the mod, and it is "intended" that you may be late sometimes (say 8 times on 20 levels). But, if you feel this is too hard, and you're late every single level, I suggest scaling a bit the difficulty. For this purpose I implemented 5 levels, you can choose the difficultu on the mod settings :)

1 year, 5 months ago

If it is intended to not reach some levels, this make the game a lot less fun from my point of view.
Also one of the major problem is the randomness of the map (because of everything being too far, 80% of maps are impossible to respect the timing) and I don't want to reroll the map 50 times.

1 year, 5 months ago

If you'd like to have more time to complete each level, I suggest using the presets "Easy" or "Piece of cake" that gives respectively 2x and 3x the time to complete each level

This thread has been locked.