Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

i The position of loader should move up a little

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

The placed of loader does align with chest.it seems than chest and loader are not on a line when place left and right. and so is the situation when chest is on the top of loader.
it makes lots of players tangled.
i know it must suit the belt's postion.
move a little up and scale it a liite, it should make loader more suitable.

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=103282

1 year, 7 months ago

The loader has to be exactly where it is or it won't line up with the belt. Also, the loaders exist for one purpose only: to load belts into beltboxes. It never mattered to me whether they line up perfectly with any other entity.

Originally the loaders were designed to line up perfectly with the beltboxes. This was in Factorio 0.16 when belts were still flat. In 0.17 they changed the design of belts so that they are "fat", with height. (They also changed the design of chests around the same time.) I was able to tweak the loaders so that they worked with the new belts and were still almost in line with the beltboxes. There is about one pixel of tolerance for moving the geometry of the loader around and you have to deal with all the distorted geometry of Factorio's isometric perspective on top of a flat square grid. I spent about 48 hours trying to make it work in all situations and failed, so in the end, how they look with belts and beltboxes took top priority.

Anyone is free to redesign the sprites and submit a change to the Github.

1 year, 7 months ago

emmmm. i make a mod than have some modified graphics.
if have time , replace them to loader's graphics.
it seems more suitable , but not very perfect. I'm not very proficient in PS.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/loader-graphics

1 year, 7 months ago

This may be an acceptable modification way.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

PRETTY sure that's breaking the license.
Edit: the license actually does allow re uploading stuff, but it requires to not change the license on the new copy.

New response