Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g What is the point of this mod?

2 years ago

The compact loaders are obvious, but I just don't see the reason for stacking and was hoping people could give me idea(s).

At first I thought it would be used for storage, reducing the amount of inventory slots one stack of an item took, but the total items per "stack" from the base item and from the beltboxes are the same so, the same amount of space is taken.

2 years ago

Throughput

2 years ago

less belts on the bus for the same throughput. a lot less

2 years ago

Stacking belt boxes compact 5 items into 1 item for the purposes of item transport, but not item storage, making not only belt and bot throughput but train loading and unloading 5 times faster.

1 year, 8 months ago

Does it also give less lag?

1 year, 8 months ago

No. If anything, it adds a slight amount of lag, but the throughput increase per belt might outweigh the extra lag because of the entities required to compress and decompress items.

1 year, 8 months ago

No. If anything, it adds a slight amount of lag, but the throughput increase per belt might outweigh the extra lag because of the entities required to compress and decompress items.

Also you need less bots to move things if they are compressed, but I still don't know what is less laggy: bots or belts.

1 year, 8 months ago

Also you need less bots to move things if they are compressed, but I still don't know what is less laggy: bots or belts.

Belts are far less laggy than bots as far as I am aware.

1 year, 8 months ago

Belts are far less laggy than bots as far as I am aware.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/a0esr1/best_ups_bots_or_belts/

1 year, 7 months ago

I also use LTN with my Megabase, and I use the stackers to increase the actual amount of items that can be loaded/onloaded and transported, I usually compact at the provider and destack at the requester stations. the only problem is signaling cuz it doesn't count the stacked materials as the raw materials

New response