Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

b Incompatibility with other mods doing loader snapping.

3 years ago

I'm currently working on a mods that provide a really better snapping algorithm than any I've found, the only problem is that as many snapping algorithm, it can't fully works with other snapping algorithm. Mine only has unwanted behaviour when the algorithm choose to do nothing.

As I can see we need to have a way to choose which algorithm we prefer and so my mod also aim at that:
Allowing user to select at startup which algorithm is prefered.

So I ask you to add in control.lua:

-- if setting loaders-snap don't exist or is set to Deadlock then allow this loader logic
if (not settings.startup["loaders-snap"] or settings.startup["loaders-snap"].value == "Deadlock") then
  -- snapping logic
end

also you will need to add under settings-updates.lua

if data.raw["string-setting"] and data.raw["string-setting"]["loaders-snap"] then
    table.insert(data.raw["string-setting"]["loaders-snap"].allowed_values, "Deadlock")
end

to add entry to the algorithm selection setting

3 years ago

DSB already provides an option for people to disable snapping so that they can use another mod's snapping.

3 years ago

I know it can feel redundant, in that case you can make so the first part for control.lua switch your snapping logic, the idea was to unify which snapping logic to use.

3 years ago

if you want to use other snapping logics, you can disable the deadlock snapping logic.

New response