Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

i Any chance on the Crating Machine coming back!

4 years ago

Hey! I really enjoyed everything you did (stackers, loaders, etc), Is there a possibility that the crating machine comes back to .18? Thanks!

4 years ago

I was just wondering the same thing. It seems like it could be interesting to have, relatively, low compression stacks for short hall transport with easy logistics and highly compressed crates for long hauls that can justify a bit more overhead.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm the original author of the crating machine. I'm not interested in maintaining it. I have ideas for a different kind of crating machine, but limited time, so it is not likely to happen.

I would be happy for shane to update the existing machine to 0.18, but if he doesn't want to then I'm happy about that as well.

Otherwise the crating machine mod has a GNU GPL license and the source is available, so anyone can fork it and submit pull requests on github. Or they could even publish a separate updated branch, as long as they credit the work that me and shane did on it.

4 years ago

I've been extremely busy with work lately so I've had very little free time for mod work - I'm happy to continue maintaining DCM if there's interest, but I've also got a long todo list on other mods at the moment as well. The shortest path as Deadlock mentioned would be if someone who is interested in contributing and has some quarantine time on their hands were to submit an updated version as a pull request on https://github.com/shanemadden/factorio-deadlock-crating - I'd be happy to code review, test, and release it.

4 years ago

One problem with the original concept is the wooden boxes... I may make an effort to modernize it one day.

I'll probably want to try and write the entire thing myself from scratch however... Not sure if it would count. And since I can't do art worth of crap...

New response