Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g AAI support

5 years ago

I decided to try and make a bridge mod for AAI industries, is the document from the old version still accurate for this?

Also, may I ask why was the mod moved to this author?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The API has been kept compatible with what's documented, yes - the only breaking change is that the default icon size is now 64 pixels, to match what the vanilla icons should be moving to at some point during the 0.17 process.

Once we're past the potential for big changes in 0.17 (the mipmap icons are coming soon) I'll finalize updated API documentation (until then, there's some short guidance on the information tab) - the changes are minor: the 'main' API function names are moved to a shared namespace, but the old names should continue to work for a long time; the new deadlock.add_tier() function works almost the same as the deadlock_loaders.create() function did, but creates beltboxes as well as loaders (adding a bunch of attributes to control how those beltboxes are set up).

As far as why I'm maintaining this now, see the forum thread for the full story - the short version is that Deadlock asked for a new maintainer due to the demands on his time, and since I'd contributed code to the mod in the past it was a good fit.

4 years ago

incidentally, i'm working on this right now. is the 'if deadlock_stacking then' still accurate? or should I update it to the current mod name?

4 years ago

New version of the docs will say if deadlock then which you might as well update to, but the old version is still fine for the forseeable future.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok, the AAII version is basically done. I got to to work for both stacking and crating by having both as optional dependancies, so either can be used.

Now, I've run into a small problem. I'm trying to get it to work for Space Explorers, and one of the items I wanted to stack didn't show up. Does the mod have issues when attempting to stack items that belong to a costume tab?

Edit: nm, I find the issue, if was on my end.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

how do I target newly added tiers with a locale file? I tried to match the name, but it doesn't want to display the names I chose.

Also, if I add a new belt tier, does it need to be higher up in the code than any stack that's trying to use that new tech for unlocking?

Edit: I managed to get it to work. I needed to move the tier creation higher up in the list than the stack creation.
And the names was my fault, turns out I should not have had spaces between the equal sign and string.

4 years ago

That custom ini parser can be tricky ;) Let me know if you run into any other issues!

4 years ago

I did run into one (can't add space science pack to tech), but I think this has nothing to do with your mod.

New response