dangOreus

by Mylon

The flOre is lava. Dig yOre way out through this divOrese and dangOreus field! Will you Coke on the limited space and submit to the cOreruption Ore will you transfOrem it into an majestic Orechestra? Also known as "Dangerous" or "Danger Ores".

Scenarios
11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Environment Mining

g Krastorio Compatibility - Oil,Heavy Water missing

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey,

Love your mod, a totally different experience to rekindle love for Factorio! It seems that when used with Krastorio the Immersite patches take up a lot of room (doable depending on world gen ) but Oil/mineral water don't seem to pop up. I assume it's got to do with how limited liquids are treated by generation - any ideas/workarounds to force it to generate patches?

3 years ago

This is a problem I have not yet fully solved. What the mod attempts to do is force liquid resources to spawn in the starting area, but otherwise generate normally. Everything else is spawned the dangOreus way. Random generation being what it is, it can be fickle and other mods might try to correct this generation to prevent starting area spawns.

Solid resources attempt to respect their frequency settings. I have a table for how much each of the vanilla resources should appear in relation to each other, but that goes out the window with mods. I need a better method of estimating how much of a resource should exist and scaling their appearance based on that.

3 years ago

Ah, thanks for the response, appreciate the detail. For anyone coming into this forum with the same issue, I avoided it by just re-jiggering the console command to spawn oil to spawn mineral water as well. Here it is for posterity.

/c for y=0,2 do
for x=0,2 do
game.player.surface.create_entity({name="mineral-water", amount=100000, position={game.player.position.x+x7-7, game.player.position.y+y7-7}})
end
end

New response