dangOreus

by Mylon

The flOre is lava. Dig yOre way out through this divOrese and dangOreus field! Will you Coke on the limited space and submit to the cOreruption Ore will you transfOrem it into an majestic Orechestra? Also known as "Dangerous" or "Danger Ores".

Scenarios
1 year, 1 day ago
0.15 - 1.1
Environment Mining

b Compatibility issue with Angel's Ores

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

After testing this mod with vanilla ores to get an understanding on how to tackle this challenge, I decided to load this into a new Angel's Ores campaign. However, the map did not load any Crude Oil, Natural Gas, or Fissure deposits.

Edit: After increasing the number of spawns, I did manage to create a map with the missing oil and and gas wells. (At this time, I can only assume Fissure spawns are further out from spawn which is expected but at the same time frustrating with a mod like dangOreus.) In the process, I did notice other issues with the map when compared to a standard Angel's Ores campaign.

First, the map gave deposits of Iron, Copper, and Stone. Angel's ores removes these in favor of its own ores which yield these minerals.

Second, I was also seeing large quantities of thorium on the map. Angel's Ores doesn't use this mineral, and I cannot disable thorium spawns because Angel's Ores doesn't give that option like with Bob's mods.

6 years ago

I too would really like compatibility with Angel's and possibly also the Angels/Bobs combo (which should just be a matter of only generating Angel's ores when both are present)

6 years ago

Komoden,
There is a fix for the issue with angel's and bobs mods posted on the "Mylon's Multiple Mods" that the homepage link of this mod points to. It is on page 6 which is the current last page of the thread near the end.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeah, I confirmed LordMimir's fix.

So far, I see nothing out of place with that fix. I would strongly advise turning up the frequency of Crude Oil, Gas Wells, and Fissures to Very High otherwise you may find lots of down time just burrowing to these fluid deposits. I did eventually find Fissures by doing this. Also, try to research solar power as fast as you can. You will need that in the early game until coal starts flowing like water.

6 years ago

The fix appears to be in version 1.1.5. Thanks!

New response