Creative Mod

by jodli

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games. Quick patch for 0.16 until an official release - everything should work now. Quick patch for 0.17 until an official release - if ever...

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Cheats

b Error when logging events

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Was using the event logging to help debug an issue in a mod, when the script crashed: "LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid for read"

I was logging on_built_entity and built using a stack that only had one item in it. Guessing the script doesn't check if the item stack used to build is still valid before trying to read from it.

Stack trace shows the problem in events.lua:674, events.lua:1144

EDIT: Can't seem to reproduce this now though. I DID have other events enabled, so maybe it was one of those events instead. Only options CM options I had been using were cheat mode and instant blueprint, though I believe that latter was off at the time.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Ok got it reproducing, wrong on the steps.

It's the on_built_entity logging, using shift+left click to place a ghost will cause the crash IF "also print event parameters" is selected for any of the 3 options - print events, write events, or log events. If the parameters option is off, it works fine for any/all three. This happens with any number of items in the stack used to place the ghost.

Traceback is slightly different depending on which of the three logging events is causing the error. Write event has 674, 1092, and 1156. Log event has 674, 1092, and 1164.

2 years ago

+1, I found the same error just now. Mod version 1.7.2, Factorio version 1.1.30.

1 year, 7 months ago

Should be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for reporting! :)

This thread has been locked.