|Created:||1 year, 7 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.4.0 (26 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.15 - 0.17|
A debugger for combinators!
This mod allows you to freeze a combinator contraption, so that you can inspect the state of each combinator individually, and then step frame-by-frame through its progress.
- Stepping and seeing all intermediate values, great for making sure those timings are correct.
- You can either choose to debug all combinators at the same time, or work on a select portion of your contraption.
- Works across all surfaces, and should work with most other mods.
- Multiplayer. The mod is coded to work in multiplayer, and each player can debug their own contraption.
- Compatibility with mods that change forces.
- Per-player option to hide the top-left corner button (the window can still be opened through keybindings).
- F10 Toggle pause/resume.
- F11 Step simulation.
- F12 Starts/stops debugging.
- CTRL+F10 Toggles the main GUI.
- CTRL+F11 Toggles editing of the current contraption.
- CTRL+F12 Opens the new contraption UI.
It cannot account for outside sources changing the state of signals, such as inserters changing items in a box, robots moving items around, etc. In general this isn't a problem, since you can test your combinator logic in isolation, but signals changing whilst you're paused will get lost until the next time you step. The only way you could truly test a full system is by freezing the entire simulation, which is a limitation from the game, and therefore not possible.
Image taken from: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-194 All rights belong to Wube Software.