Companion Drones Rebalanced

Makes companions weaker in early game and adds progression. Can be used with either original Companion drones or Companion Drones (fork).

Tweaks
12 days ago
Combat Blueprints

g Good Work

1 year, 3 months ago

Well done, good work. Likewise, I didn't use the original mod as I thought it was overpowering. And the mod file is too complex Klonan's; It was difficult for me to make arrangements. Cloned mods are already the most powerful cheap mods I've seen. For example, I added 5 construction bots to the recipe in repair turret mode. (Since I don't use vanilla robot since they are roasted on fire)

-I still find it too powerful. :)) Is there a way to hide equipment outside of the Roboport for use only in construction?

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi,
Thank you, I'm happy you like it.

Just to be sure, this is not a clone of Klonans mod, this builds on his mod and makes changes.

I have added option to disable laser equipment entirely. If enabled, it will not be present in start companions and it will not be possible to reserach it or craft it. If you update mod in existing save, existing lasers will not be destroyed but you can destoy them manualy and then you cant make more.

I cant remove reactor in same way because roboport needs power and shield does not seem that harmfull but i might give it same treatment in future.

In case you find any issues or have more suggestions, feel free to let me know.

1 year, 3 months ago

Thank you; god bless your hands. Yes, I am aware that this is a modification mode. There was a confusion of meaning because of bad English and spelling mistakes above.

Now; Although I selected disabled in the initial settings, the laser equipment is not canceled and the new game starts as laser+shield (all equipment is ready inside the robot). I started a new map 2 times, but the problem did not change. Guess you'll have to take a look... (Initial setting no function)

Also, the main reason I actually didn't want the laser in the first place is because Klonan's mk2 levels are too strong. Do you have the option to completely cancel the mk2 levels? Just mk1 will suffice.

1 year, 3 months ago

+I can change it from the mod file myself, but a simple balancing tip: the charge speed of mk1-mk2 shields in vanilla is 12 (in both tiers). If you want to stick to vanilla. I think the laser-shield-reactors should be a little weaker than the game's equipment.

Laser:
Range: 18
Damage: 20
Speed: 0.5

Shield:
Shield hitpoints: 32
Charging speed: 8

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi, sorry, laser disable broken after I fixed some typos, it should work now.

I do not plan to disable MK2 equipment so far, in later stages biter are quite strong so a little bit stronger laser does not seem as an issue.

Reactor does not provide enough power to charge shield at full speed but you can add more reactors (investment) or specialize companions. My goal was not to nerf original equipment but add some progression and make you earn it.

Thank you for feedback. Feel free to let me know if you have any issues.

New response