Compact circuits

Miniaturize a whole logic network into a single entity to save place (similar to factorissimo but for signals).

Content
a month ago
Circuit network

g Multiplayer Desync crash

a month ago

Got the mod shortly after an update yesterday. Worked great for me, I really like the mod. However, as soon as other players join they get a desync warning, everything freezes up and then they crash. We’re both using Steam but tried over LAN as well and had the same experience.

a month ago

Oh, removing the mod solved the issue so I’m very confident the issue is with Compact Circuits.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Oh, removing the mod solved the issue so I’m very confident the issue is with Compact Circuits.

The latest few versions are unstable.

a month ago

Does that mean if we roll back to an earlier version it would be stable? If so, how far back should we go, just the last two? Or is that not possible/recommended?

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Sorry for the crash, the release 1.1.12 should be more stable. Thanks to Hares

a month ago

1.1.12 seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the quick turn around. Loving the mod, it's really good. I'll report back here if I run into any other issues.

a month ago

Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong out of ignorance or if something else isn't working, but I'm not seeing signals when hovering over elements inside the circuit space. The signal is coming out the other side correctly, I just can't see it to debug and configure.

a month ago

Nevermind, I figured it out. I was in packed mode, which is stated in the docs to do exactly that.

a month ago

Alright, the desync issue is still happening. It doesn't happen immediately but when a lot of traffic starts passing through the circuits it desyncs and crashes the other players. Fine on my end as the host, but unplayable for them.

a month ago

Was hard to find. Should be ok in release 1.1.13

a month ago

The other player almost immediately crashed but with a different error:
https://imgur.com/wRHXX1x

I then removed the GUI display component from the main logic block and they no longer crashed. I am noticing a little bit of a UPS drop, but they haven't been D/C'd in about an hour of play. I'll update more as I go. Let me know if our save would be useful to you to debug with and I can send it to you.

a month ago

Yes the save would be very helpful, please send . But it seems not to be a desync issue. I have tested on multi player space exploration endgame for many hours without problems

a month ago

The other player almost immediately crashed but with a different error:
https://imgur.com/wRHXX1x

I then removed the GUI display component from the main logic block and they no longer crashed. I am noticing a little bit of a UPS drop, but they haven't been D/C'd in about an hour of play. I'll update more as I go. Let me know if our save would be useful to you to debug with and I can send it to you.

If you pause the game while others connect, does that still desyncs them?

a month ago

You can also increase the settings "Reponse time (tick)" to 120 (in map settings).

a month ago

Hares, the other player D/C'd shortly after unpausing.

Telkine, here is a dropbox link, I think I have it configured so you can download the save file.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lqym21uvc15m1f9qeki97/JackJack-and-Estabans-Crazy-Space-Adventure-Compakt-Circuits-Backup.zip?rlkey=0ir6izzkkrb6ct0tsrqvumkzg&st=rofqqdmc&dl=0

New response