Compact circuits

Miniaturize a whole logic network into a single entity to save place (similar to factorissimo but for signals).

Content
a month ago
Circuit network

g The internal and external constant combinators cause different circuit behavior.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Hello.
I use Google translator. I apologize if the wording is inaccurate.

Thanks for this super cool mod. I am sure that over time it will become official, because... allows you to open up a whole new dimension in the game.

I have a very strange problem.
I'm creating a fairly complex logic circuit. Its task is to control two filter manipulators and ship a variety of items in the required quantities from the warehouse.
In general it works like this:
1. Shipment requests are sent to the input of this processor. For example, “Copper plates - 15”, “Coal - 43”, etc. That is, objects and their quantity can be any.
2. The circuit automatically controls the packet size P for two manipulators at once.

The process of creating this scheme was not easy, but there was still progress. I gradually removed the errors and the circuit was getting closer to becoming fully functional, but then a problem arose that I have no idea how to solve.

The problem is that completely constant combinators with the same signals make this circuit behave completely differently:
1. One combinator is located OUTSIDE the processor. When it sends a signal to the processor, the manipulators produce the exact number of items, but the size of the manipulator pack is always 1. This is not true, because in my case the pack can be up to 5.
2. The second combinator is INSIDE the processor. It gives exactly the same signals as the first one. It is connected exactly where, according to the logic of the processor, the external combinator sends signals. But the processor behaves completely differently. It adjusts the P pack size to 5, as it should be. But at the same time it ships 2 more.

I ask you not to go into details of the errors, because... I haven't finished my design yet. I'm asking about something else. Why do two combinators with the same signals cause different logic network behavior? I tried many times different methods to solve this problem: I turned off the power to the processor, reset all signals in all memory cells. None of this helped. To further work on my logic circuit, I need to understand the cause of this problem. I would appreciate your help.

I use the Space Exploretion and Krastorio 2 mods.

The pictures show the diagram and location of constant combinators (green arrows).
https://ibb.co/Vgxq4qV
https://ibb.co/8YMG13m

link to drawing
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/FIGKbY2waHh4Og

8 months ago

Maybe the difference is in the packed mode. In non packed mode, the circuit never changes because it has its own surface. In packed mode, the circuit are rebuilt and reset each time you enter or exit the editor. I trust you to debug in non packed mode and switch to packed mode only afterward. Sorry, i did not succeed to make you circuit working.

New response