Compact circuits

Miniaturize a whole logic network into a single entity to save place (similar to factorissimo but for signals).

Content
a month ago
Circuit network

b Cannot use all wire slots

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Firstly, cool mod and thanks for putting something like this together. Was looking for something like this and overall works well.

However, I've noticed a few issues.

1. Regardless of the index selected on the input/output poles, I am unable to connect to the slots 8-14 on the processor. Other slots work OK.
  2. If you remove a input/output pole, you will still be able to connect to the processor slot.
  3. Slots 15-16 seem to always be available to connect to, regardless if any poles are set.

I'm also wondering if this would have any performance considerations, or add any additional ticks between circuits. From what I can tell on how this was implement, both of those should not be a concern?

2 years ago

I'm not very familiar with how entities work in Factorio, but I noticed that if I move the entity with dolly picker (while the entity doesn't move the yellow box around it does. From there, I am able to interact with the rest of the circuit connections.

2 years ago

Can you give me some more information ?. Maybe you are are in packed mode, so the processor slot are not connected to the internal input/output pole. The processor run on the last saved configuration while you edit a new one. In the first figure, you can see that the slot 13 is connected and it runs fine. You can switch from and to packed mode while you are in editor mode. When you are outside the editor, the slot that are connected internally appear in red, the others appear in yellow.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for the response. I have tried with different configurations between packed and unpacked, copy and pasting blueprints, etc. Even a fresh map with fresh processor results in the same behavior I'm trying to describe. I've taken a few screenshots to hopefully show you what I am experiencing.

https://snipboard.io/fh59w4.jpg

Is there something else I could try or something specific I can provide?

2 years ago

Rather weird. Compact processor is blacklisted for Picker Dollies. You should not be able to move a processor. It seems that the selection_priority is not working also. I have posted an image to show you (fresh start, only the mod and Editor Extensions). Can you tell me what version of factorio you are using (i am using the latest experimental), the list of mods , and if you can, provides the saved game with the problem ?
Thanks a lot for your report

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks again.

I am on latest stable, 1.1.69 (build 60061, win64).

Weirdly, I created a fresh map again to reproduce the problem and it seems to be working fine, but still same weird behavior in my other map.

v4.testmap is where it's acting weird
v4.test is new map where it's working correctly

https://easyupload.io/m/g7aiav

I think you can see the mods from the save file, but I'm not sure how to give you a list of mods I have installed. Is there an easy way? It's quite a few but mainly angels+bobs stuff.

2 years ago

Ah found a way

base 1.1.69
rusty-locale 1.0.16
Superheating 1.0.3
train-signal-visualizer 0.1.1
aai-signal-transmission 0.4.7
BatteryElectricTrain 1.1.7
bobenemies 1.1.5
bobinserters 1.1.5
boblibrary 1.1.5
CleanFloor 1.1.0
compaktcircuit 0.0.2
ControlTech 1.1.4
creative-mod 1.8.0
Dectorio 0.12.6
far-reach 1.1.2
Fastforward-Start-2 1.3.0
flib 0.11.1
Flow Control 3.1.3
FNEI 0.4.1
Heat-Capacitor 0.1.0
helmod 0.12.12
InfiniteOresAndOil 1.1.2
informatron 0.2.3
LSlib 2020.12.12
more_circuit_signals_UPDATED 1.2.1
nco-LongWarehouses 0.2.4
NightBrightness 1.1.8
OreEraser 1.5.6
Placeables 1.1.7
start-with-spidertron 1.0.0
stdlib 1.4.7
UberBotStart 0.1.5
Warehousing 0.5.6
Waterfill_v17 1.1.0
zoom-out 0.1.2
bobequipment 1.1.5
bobores 1.1.5
bobtech 1.1.5
BottleneckLite 1.2.4
factoryplanner 1.1.58
LoaderRedux 1.8.0
LogisticTrainNetwork 1.16.10
PickerAtheneum 1.2.5
RateCalculator 2.4.4
ReStack 0.7.1
Warehousing-Compression 1.1.1
bobplates 1.1.5
LTN_Combinator_Modernized 1.0.13
PickerDollies 1.2.1
bobassembly 1.1.5
bobelectronics 1.1.5
bobgreenhouse 1.1.0
boblogistics 1.1.5
bobmining 1.1.3
bobpower 1.1.5
bobrevamp 1.1.5
bobwarfare 1.1.5
LtnManager 0.4.15
Transport_Drones 1.0.9
bobmodules 1.1.5
bobvehicleequipment 1.1.5
EditorExtensions 1.13.5
high-pressure-pipes 1.0.6
miniloader 1.15.6
angelsrefining 0.12.2
angelsinfiniteores 0.9.10
angelspetrochem 0.9.22
angelsaddons-storage 0.0.9
angelssmelting 0.6.19
angelsbioprocessing 0.7.22
AngelsWarehouseExtension 0.0.3
angelsindustries 0.4.16
angels-smelting-extended 1.0.12
angelsaddons-cab 0.2.8
angelsaddons-mobility 0.0.10
CompressedFluids 0.1.23
AngelBob 1.3.0
PressurizedBarrels 1.1.0
PressurizedFluidsAngelsSmelting 0.0.2

2 years ago

The problem seems to appear only in editor mode. As a turn-around, you can escape the editor mode (Ctrl-E) do the connections, and go back to the editor mode (Ctrl E). I am still investigating to find where is the problem.

2 years ago

Yes, you are right! Can confirm on my map.

2 years ago

Should be fixed now. (don't forget to move all objects to their initial position with Picked Dollies)
You can now do Copy/Paste between processor (Shift right click/Shift left click)
Thanks again for your help

2 years ago

Thanks very much! It's working great on my side. I noticed that while Shift right click/Shift left click, and even copy + paste works perfectly, creating a blueprint of the processor results in a blank processor. Should I create a separate issue for this?

Regardless, appreciate your help so far, and loving the mod.

2 years ago

Do you mean that blueprinting a processor is always blank ? . On my side, when i create a blueprint of a processor, it contains the whole internal structure and i can put back it in the map to have a fully functional processor. Can you give me the steps to reproduce it ?

New response