Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
10 days ago
Mining Manufacturing

g "Annoying" set of requirements

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I had a bit trouble making title, but what I mean is - you need water to mine tungsten. All cool, but I play map with very rare resources and very rare and big water sources, I just like trains.

Now problem is - I can't mine wolframite, I can't barrel water, because it requires 1 tungsten carbide to make assembler mk2, I can't make train/junk train with water, because pump needs 1 engine, I will literally have to build abnormous pipeline through whole desert just because of that, or install "magic" mod which gives water.. from ground or somewhere, which I don't like much.

I have few ideas how to address this problem :
- letting assembly machines 1 to barrel liquids
- adding some water-container/cannister by mod
- not requiring that carbide in assembly machine 2 as an "option" in settings?
- allowing mining wolframite by hand!Unless it's game engine which decide that you can never mine with hand something that requires fluid.

I think as for now only real option if I don't like look of long pipelines is to fill with water like 60 long pipeline and delete 30 end, add 30 to front, move it with this method up to ore path and that's what I'm about to do now.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I know it should be separate topic, but other then that, I had minor problem of junk train being completely useless, as lamps for junk train stops require more effort than researching regular locomotives and regular train stops, but that's really minor thing. I very much like this mod despite all of that.
Tho this mod (or junk train mod) could have some compatibility dependency, so when they detect eachother lamp in recipe is replaced by some cheap stuff available in early game and tech requirement adjustment.

2 years ago

Hello, thanks for your feedback!

not requiring that carbide in assembly machine 2 as an "option" in settings?

This is possible by using the existing "Bypass recipes" setting. The internal name of assembly machine 2 is assembling-machine-2, so you can use that there, and the Tungsten mod will no longer modify that recipe. Hope this helps.

Also, I will look into improved compatibility with Junk Train this weekend, thanks for raising that issue!

2 years ago

In the newest update, if installed alongside Junk Trains, I've removed the optics research requirement from the train stop tech and recipes.

2 years ago

Thanks for quick response :)
as for update I already downloaded it, really good job!

New response