Silica & Silicon

by brevven

Adds simple Silica and Silicon to the game, along with basic fiber optics. Compatible with Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, Bio Industries, and other mods. A standalone piece of BZ Mods With graphics by snouz.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Additional intermediates feedback in Vanilla

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Hello!
Gone wild with your 5 key mods. Great work!

Have some feedback for additional intermediates recipes in Vanilla.

Solar cells.

A. Solar panels become 50% more expensive after turning this option on. Why? I suppose 10 solar cells is enough. Instead of 15.

B. Portable solar panel can't be so cheap (1 cell only). Even miniaturization genius can't win vs physics laws and generate full-size panel's half energy output with only 10% of its components. I suggest 5 solar cells per portable solar panel.

Silicon wafers.

This suggestion is specific for vanilla, not for K2 loaded, because K2 has no balance and player can produce everything from the very-very beginning.

Requiring sulphuric acid at the end of early game is killing. Red circuits production setup happens long before sulphuric acid setup (base must have twice more energy production between those two stages and stable 3 times bigger oil products income). In my humble opinion water is a better ingredient (reading about RCA methods gives a hint that weak acid not concentrated solution is used at some point, but water is used first of all -> that's almost pure water, not sulphuric acid.)

New response