Silica & Silicon

by brevven

Adds simple Silica and Silicon to the game, along with basic fiber optics. Compatible with Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, Bio Industries, and other mods. A standalone piece of BZ Mods With graphics by snouz.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Feedback - Stone factory

3 years ago

After few days of testing your mod I have some
- Using Crushed stone from Bioindustries is ok, but BioIndustires do not have any better stone crushing facility so only way to get TONS of crushed stone is spamming large fields with stone crushers.
- Silicon wafles is needed to produce Adv. Circuits - is ok, but for first tier of modules - conume TONS of it. Acid is not a problem but scale. 1 Adv. Circuit need 1/3 of wafle and processing unit need 4 wafles per item. Speed 3 Module need totals:
Speed 1 -> 5 + 5/3 of wafles
Speed 2 -> 25 + 25/3 + 20 of wafles
Speed 3 -> 125 + 125/ + 100 of wafles what is 266 wafles per ONE speed 3 module.
266 wafles is 133 silicon item but for produce this you need 1330 silica what need 1064 crushed stone and finally 532 raw stone.
I think - maybe tweek some recipes because I now only pursue for stone deposits for making silica wafles. Adv Circuits are needed by many other recipes and prod 1 and speed 1 are reqired to produce anything above chemical science pack.
My proposal:

• Reduce silica to sicilon recipe from 10 to 6 or 5.
  • Allow / add some facility to produce silicon directly (if we do not use stone crushers from BioIndustires) from stone using some liquids (pertoleum?) or in endgame - using a heat power from nuclear (Stone refinery?)
  • Reduce amount of wafles required for first tier of modules to ONE or double modules output.
  • Double Processing unit recipe ouput or add bad chips output - for exmaple processing unit recipe outpu is 80 % of processing unit and 20 of this are bad chips as adv. circuit?

Nothing above must be icorporated but... now I need more stone than copper or iron ;)

3 years ago

Hi. Thanks for this feedback, and apologies for delayed reply. It's been a busy few weeks. :)

As you probably saw in your other thread, I've implemented your suggestion for a setting to not use crushed stone for bio industries, defaulting to the basic production line, specifically for the megabase case. I think this should cut the number of inserters needed for silica by a good amount when using bio industries and building a megabase. I currently don't want to make too many further changes to Bio Industries compatibility because I believe they have a big new update coming out at some point in the future.

As far as silicon wafers required first tier modules, I think you are right that it requires too much. I will rebalance these shortly.

As far as the number of raw resources required for Processing Units, and advanced circuits, after last month's rebalance, I'm currently pretty satisfied with the balance. I tried to make it comparable numbers of resources to Vanilla when no prod modules are used. So, with full prod modules, it ends up as requiring fewer raw resources than vanilla.

I'll also keep your other suggestions in mind as I rebalance or add new features.

I do have some longer term plans to add an optional alternative production chain for silica that would involve quartz/sand. When finished it would reduce demand for raw stone later in the game. However, this will likely take me some time to implement.

3 years ago

Updated - if intermediates are enabled, Tier 1 Modules now cost 1.5 wafers. Otherwise, 3 silicon. This will reduce stone needs for science and higher tier modules a good amount, and is also in line with the rebalance of circuits last month.

3 years ago

Is very OK! Reducing stone requirement is ok.

I very like your mods (Pb, Ti, Si) , how Can I contact with you and support for extending in other mods? Maybe you can go into metal alloys?

3 years ago

You can create a new thread in any of my mods to contact me. That's the most reliable way :) You can also contact me by opening an issue on one of my github repositories, though i often don't check those every week.

Suggestions are always welcome. I'd definitely be up to exploring metal alloys if I can find a good way to weave any into vanilla.

New response