Silica & Silicon

by brevven

Adds simple Silica and Silicon to the game, along with basic fiber optics. Compatible with Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, Bio Industries, and other mods. A standalone piece of BZ Mods With graphics by snouz.

Content
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [FIXED] Hydrogen Chloride locked behind Advanced Chemistry Tech

3 years ago

So while using Krastorio 2 alongside your mod, it would seem Hydrogen Chloride locked behind Advanced Chemistry Tech I cannot get passed a certain part when it comes to the research.

Chemical tech card is required to unlock Advanced Chemistry Tech while using Krastorio 2, and in order to even make a Chemical tech card you need Hydrogen Chloride, which is required to make Silicon Wafers, to be used in Electronic Components in order to make Advanced Circuits. Advanced Circuits are required to make the Chemical tech cards, which in turn is required to even unlock Advanced Chemistry Tech to even use Hydrogen Chloride. You see the issue here? Hopefully I explained well enough because it's a bit confusing. But yeah, there is an inconsistency here. While I do get that Advanced Chemistry Tech is Krastorio 2, and not this mod, so I thought I would bring it up here first before going over there.

If there is any other info you need please let me know. I do have more mods, but from every research/item it states either your mod or Krastorio 2's mod.

3 years ago

Ah yes, thanks for the report! I had only played K2 without the extra intermediates, and only did a sandbox check with the intermediates. I will investigate this now.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've released an update that, with K2 on, unlocks Hydrogen Chloride with Fluid Chemistry. If you are already past that tech, you can also unlock it with the "SiliconRecipes" command (no quotes or slashes). This command does not disable achievements.

3 years ago

Sweet, I see that you fixed it, I appreciate the fast fix. I ended up stop playing when I posted this post, but now it's good to go and I can progress. Thanks again!

3 years ago

thanks for fixing it so quickly! just had the same problem and just needed to update. great job!

New response