Lead

by brevven

Adds lead ore and plates to the base game as an early game resource. Lead is used in ammunition, pipes, batteries and a few other places. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2, Space Exploration and other mods. A standalone piece of BZ Mods. With graphics by snouz.

Content
3 months ago
Mining Manufacturing

g Richness scaling seems off

2 years ago

Playing with 300% richness and 25% frequency and 133% size, it seems the lead patches are much, much more dense than other patches with the same distance away from spawn. (Same thing with graphite)

2 years ago

Might be something to do with how the sliders are handled. In my game with default resource settings Lead patches are consistently 1/4 to 1/2 the density of iron/copper/stone patches at the same distance.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Curious -- any chance you are using RSO?

In vanilla, lead definitely should not be richer that iron or copper, once you get out toward and past ~1000 tiles. The starting patch of lead is meant to be the richest, since it's in much higher demand relative to other resources, early game. I've loaded a few new maps and found this to be the case.

Graphite might be currently tuned a little bit high, still. I will likely tone it down a bit. I tend to try to overestimate when I first release a mod, hopefully only a little, and then tune down. (Though it didn't quite work out like that getting Silicon from stone)

Given another recent thread mentioning lead was too low, I definitely have some sort of balancing to do. Maybe adding new presets would help :)

New response