Natural Gas

by brevven

Adds a natural gas resource, along with early game plastic. Integrates ElAdamo's gas-fired boiler. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Compatibility w/Bob's Electronics?

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Heya Brevven, o/

In the Information page it says it's compatible w/Bob's Electronics mod, and maybe even with full Bob's too and I was trying to setup a mod list to do a run like that, but I kinda found a problem right from the start... not sure if it comes down to this mod or some other mod that changes recipes, but I simply cannot craft Labs at the start. (I could probably bypass this problem by installing AAI industry with its burner lab etc. but I was not feeling using AAI this time around.)

I.e. in detail: Labs require Basic Circuit Boards from Bob's Electronics, but those aren't craftable initially, and without labs you cannot do research to get to them. I only have available the basic wooden boards at the start.

In-game, looking at the Lab recipe in my crafting menu it says it was touched by Bob's Electronics and Tin only... but not sure if that can be trusted to list all changes:

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/w8j4O1L.png
Also, pic from the electronics tech unlock -> https://i.imgur.com/Qq6RXjS.png

I was too foolish to think that I'd have been able to do a BZ+Bob's run as cool as it might have been? FeelsBadMan :P

I included all Bob's mods except Ores, Greenhouses and MCI (aka bobplates.)

Full mod list taken from the factorio-current log -> https://pastebin.com/kpiit5K9

Also, a save-game in case it's useful, to sync mods and check -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YNZyh_LtM1MHYppZaL06HGrISJK9zKl2/view?usp=sharing

I did some testing around, and while doing that I tried loading Bob's mods only (same ones as listed) and I created a new game with those only, in it the Basic Electronic board required for the Labs is unlocked by default.

Then I enabled Natural Gas and started a new game again, and then the Basic Electronics board recipe is locked behind the Electronics research, as shown in the pic above.

Is there any chance that this could be ironed out to be able to play with both mods enabled? It would be awesome to be able to do a BZ+Bob's run... I enjoyed my BZ+K2 run very much, and I was looking forward to all the OPness from Bob's modules and bots and assemblers etc together with the more complex processes enabled by BZ mods!

Best wishes o/

11 months ago

Hi! Thanks for this request. It can be hard to catch every recipe in every mod load-out.

I've fixed this specific case. Please do let me know if you notice any more.

As far as full Bob's compatibility goes, I haven't fully supported it across BZ, altho I think Natural Gas should be.

I do think Bob's Electronics should be fully compatible with this and all of BZ, as well as most of Bob's mods that add buildings etc. It gets less compatible when introducing Bob's MCI or Bob's Ores....

11 months ago

Thank you! As soon as I have the chance to play the game again, I''ll give it a check and report back!

Yeah, I kinda suspected that MCI & Ores would be the most troublesome, that's why I left them out from my attempt, since they would also feel a bit redundant to use together with yours. AFAIK, the only extra things I'd miss not including them are some of the Bob's chem processes and some of the added/extra machines that are located in the MCI mod, but oh well... I can live without those!

I've scanned most of the tech tree during my first attempt with all the mods loaded, and everything seemed to be reasonable and in its place. Of course, I saw a few recipes mid to late game that could be tweaked to use more advanced resources from your mods, but those aren't a deal breaker to me. If I get the chance when I get to those I might write up a list of them and post them somewhere appropriate so there's at least a record of what could be tweaked.

And if I find anything game breaking I will ping back in some of the mods (I'll try to choose the most appropriate to the issue at hand!)

Best regards,
Leeux.

11 months ago

Cool, sounds good!

New response