Natural Gas

by brevven

Adds a natural gas resource, along with early game plastic. Integrates ElAdamo's gas-fired boiler. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g [K2+BZ] Coke from Phenol keeps accumulating

1 year, 8 months ago

Hey brevven,

I'm playing with the full suite of BZ mods + K2 (+AAI too), and I'm finding that Phenol produces way too much Coke and there's seems to be no reliable dump for it (but I suppose Coke liquefaction could be one such dump, if push comes to shove :P)

To be fair, perhaps it's the situation in which my factory is currently in: I just implemented T3 modules and it's been making them for some time, but all the other parts are currently idle, i.e. no steel nor tungsten carbide consumption at all. And I'm playing without biters so no Coke for Science either (even then, military science consumes so little coke that I don't think this would matter.)

As an example, in the time it took to produce ~600 T3 modules, I accumulated about half (AAI) storehouse of Coke (~23K) and it keeps going up, and I'm a bit worried that it'll be a reason for a future lock ups, in case it remains unbalanced even when the rest of the factory works at full... since Green circuits is such an enormous part of all the production, it'd seem that the Phenol tied to them will be producing Coke all the time. I'm not sure if it will balance out in the end, for the moment I can expand the storage and hope for the best!

Just wanted to post about this to let you know that maybe that recipe needs a bit of tweaking... but it's just an opinion based on partial information atm.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hi!

A few patches ago I made a "phenol from light oil" recipe to help ameliorate this type of situation. In K2, specifically, you can even convert coke to mostly light oil. Do you think that can help out for now?

For sure, I do need to do some more balancing on this overall.

(I should probably add consider adding a coke liquefaction recipe to foundry even when K2 is not installed, though I want to gain a little more understanding of the real life side of syngas production, Fischer-Tropsch process, Bergius process, etc)

1 year, 8 months ago

Yeah true! You're right, I completely forgot about the alternative recipe!

Yeah I can add a new build on the side using the alt. recipe, and balance which one it runs according to the level of the Coke storehouse vs the level of the Light oil tanks... Good point, thank you! And I was also having problems dumping enough light oil when petroleum tanks are full, and I need lubricant, so this might even help with that!

And yeah, the Coke liquefaction option is also open... I'm kind of hesitant of adding that one due to the extra complexity of balancing the usage for the three oil products against the normal oil processing but it might be doable with just some tweaking... I'll have to think a bit.

It's often hard to make sure that there's no way they can lock up each other and I managed to setup an oil build that have been working for 100 hs already with no lockups so didn't want to mess with it too much for now! :)

Thank you very much for the reply, and the work you've put on your mods! They are all awesome!

1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks for the kind words :) glad you are enjoying them

New response