Natural Gas

by brevven

Adds a natural gas resource, along with early game plastic. Integrates ElAdamo's gas-fired boiler. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Some points of feedback so far

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks for all your mods, I like them a lot :) I definitely like this newest addition so far too.

A few points I noticed playing just an hour, ranging from bugs to wild suggestions:
- [bug] the gas boilers don't have an input arrow to show where you need to connect the raw gas.
- [balance] raw gas as fuel is very strong in the early game, I basically don't need any coal at the moment. Maybe it should have a lower fuel value?
- [observation] yellow inserters are now behind bakelite, which forced me to use burner inserters for my early base, which is quite refreshing :)
- [suggestion] maybe we can also have a gas-powered furnace? Then you wouldn't need to belt coal around everywhere in your base.
- [mod integration suggestion] RSO doesn't spawn gas at the moment.
- [mod integration suggestion] integration with the cargo ships mod would be awesome, but I guess that needs to happen in that mod itself?

If I have more thoughts after I playing some more, you'll hear from me :)

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the notes!

• Fixed gas boiler bug in next release.
  • I will think on gas as fuel. It's meant to be (very roughly) 1 gas drilling rig replaces about 3-4 coal miners for power output. Perhaps the initial spawn of natural gas is too rich if it makes this too powerful?
  • As for a gas powered furnace. ElAdamo did indeed make one for 1.0 that has been supported here by another modder. I will probably not include the gas furnace in this mod though.
  • RSO is coming soon, added to FAQ for now.
  • I will look into integrating with cargo ships. I should be able to make it work here, but I've never looked into it specifically. Might be better in that mod if they've already come up with a good way of spawning oil in water.

New response