Foundry

by brevven

Adds a foundry building for making alloys, etc. A standalone accessory from BZ Mods.

Content
2 months ago
Manufacturing

g What are the features and benefits of this mod?

2 years ago

Good day! I like your resource mods. But the essence of the Foundry mod is not entirely clear.

1. Does it just duplicate vanilla and other smelting furnaces?
  2. Does it somehow complicate the formulation and production?
  3. Does it add new technologies and materials?

If possible, please describe what are the features and benefits of this mod other than a set of additional buildings?

Thanks!

2 years ago

Hello! Sure, I'll answer here for now and then add then when I get a chance to polish it up, I'll add some more description to the mod information:

1. It does not just duplicate other furnaces, though there is a setting to allow vanilla smelting recipes to occur in the foundry. It converts steel to a foundry-only recipe that requires coke (or another hydrocarbon, also in settings). It also converts some recipes in my resource mods to foundry-only recipes including tungsten carbide and silicon and others. Most recently I added some foundry-only recipes to my new Aluminum mod, for alloys.
  2. It complicates some recipes, eg for steel and the others I mentioned. There's also yet another setting to enable more complex recipes for some plates, that are cheaper on resources. This is still somewhat experimental, and how it works might change in the future.
  3. It (optionally) adds the "coke" resource -- made from coal in the foundry building itself. It adds some technologies around the buildings and other optional functionality.
  4. Overall, this mod is meant to provide a building that can do "hot" tasks that require more than one ingredient, but do not thematically feel right to do in an assembler, for example the more complex steel recipes or other alloys. Furnaces in vanilla can only take in one ingredient. Mods like Krastorio 2 convert furnaces to "assembler"-style buildings where you have to choose recipes. I considered doing that for my mods, but decided against that, because if someone was playing "vanilla+" they'd probably want furnaces to work the way they do in vanilla.

Hope this helps.

2 years ago

It's clear. Thanks a lot!

New response