Foundry

by brevven

Adds a foundry building for making alloys, etc. A standalone accessory from BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Manufacturing

i Walls, Gasses and other Ideas

2 years ago

Love seeing another great mod!

I know you get loads of suggestions but here are a couple more that I feel your Mods would be great at supporting:

Concrete Walls:

It would be fun to see a new wall type that uses Steel and Concrete that is stronger than the normal stone wall. we get 3 types of ground coverings but only one wall the hole game. it would be cool to see thicker, stronger walls.
An additional and even more interesting wall would be a power Conduit wall using the Ceramics you've added into the game. walls that can power turrets and other things without the need of power poles.

Grenade Launching turrets?
they would probably need a special ammunition.

Aluminum would still be fun even if it did compete with Titanium.

New Gasses:

Oxygen, Nitrogen and Argon are used in Industry for cutting, shaping, protecting and welding metals. It would be interesting to see Gas requirements added to Titanium, Tungsten and Ceramic creation processes. I'm not sure how to represent them as natural resources on the surface, maybe they would need to be made in the chemical lab. maybe an early game Chemical plant that performs Electrolysis to get Oxygen. I'm unsure the process used to gather Argon, I just know we use it all the time in manufacturing.

I'm going to add in here that I'm still interested in seeing Silver/Gold added into the game for red and blue circuits. I'm interested to see what you choose to do with a conductive metal.

thanks for listening- Gregersenpai

2 years ago

Thanks for the ideas!

I'll think on the walls, I do really like the idea of powered walls.

I haven't gotten into turrets/etc yet, might not do that for a while, but we'll see.

Aluminum is still near the top of my backburner. I do have a plan for conductive metals (and a planned graphite/carbon mod), so perhaps aluminum after that, again we'll see :)

Thanks for the gases idea. I would indeed like to do a non-solid element-themed mod one of these days. Perhaps I can make this work well with the foundry mod....

2 years ago

I love your mods and hope to see more soon!

Here are some more random Ideas that hopefully inspire you:

Chromium, or Nickel
Used in Stainless steel, Stainless steel pipes could be a new tier of Pipe needed for transferring oil, acid and other things. Lead pipes would still be used for early game and possibly pipes are consumed in making stainless steel pipes.
Stainless Steel is used for many applications where chemical reactions are taking place.

There was my Idea for the day. Good luck with Life and Modding!

New response