Salt & Chlorine

by brevven

Adds salt, chlorine and more to the base game. Reworks advanced circuit production. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Salt ore distribution near spawn

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

So I'm not entirely how to best explain this, but it looks to me like there is a small problem with the ore distribution for salt near the spawn point.
What i found is that sometimes the salt "ore" patch closest to spawn looks like it's cut in half in the map generator preview. After looking at in ingame, i noticed that the salt amount goes from low single digit (as low as 1) too low double digits, from closest, to furthest away from spawn within a patch.
This suggests to me that patches very close to spawn can spawn so that some tiles should have 0 or less ore, resulting in patches that looks like somebody removed part of it.

Here is an example seed i found using only this mod, there is salt patch in the south west.
Seed: 3039302443
Map exchange string: >>>eNpjZGBkyGAAgwZ7EOZkSc5PzIHxQJgrOb+gILVIN78oFVmYM
7moNCVVNz8TVXFqXmpupW5SYjGKYo7Movw8dBNYihNzSpAFWItL8
vNQlLCWFKWmFiOLcJcWJeZlluaiG8bAqC2ssbWhRY4BhP/XMyj8/
w/CQNYDoOdAmIGxAaISKAYDrMk5mWlpDAwKjkDsBJJmZGSsFlnn/
rBqij0jRI2eA5TxASpyIAkm4glj+DnglFKBMUyQzDEGg89IDIilJ
UAroKo4HBAMiGQLSJKRsfft1gXfj12wY/yz8uMl36QEe0ZDV5F3H
4zW2QEl2UH+ZIITs2aCwE6YVxhgZj6wh0rdtGc8ewYE3tgzsoJ0i
IAIBwsgccCbmYFRgA/IWtADJBRkGGBOs4MZI+LAmAYG32A+eQxjX
LZH9wcwIGxAhsuBiBMgAmwh3GWMEKZDvwOjgzxMVhKhBKjfiAHZD
SkIH56EWXsYyX40h2BGBLI/0ERUHLBEAxfIwhQ48YIZ7hpgeF5gh
/Ec5jswMoMYIFVfgGIQHkgGZhSEFnAABzczAwJ8sGfYX3lGDgBqQ
qTV<<<

Just in case, here is why i think this matters other then odd looking patches near spawn, that most players would not even notice.
I original found this when testing some things with Very BZ + this mod, ClaustOrephobic (a better version of dangOreus) and few others that are not as important. ClaustOrephobic uses the vanilla ore generator so when using the noise, pie or spiral setting it will reserve space for the salt "ore", but part of that will not have any ore since the amount is not greater then 0, meaning i get free real estate when i should not.
I already found that increasing the starting area solves this problem, but since space is the most precious resource with ClaustOrephobic/dangOreus, i really dislike this as a solution.

a month ago

Hi there! So, this mod has a setting "How to get salt early game". If that is set to the default, "In early assemblers", (and you have "Generate mineable salt patches" turned on, as you do), then I modify the noise expression to remove salt close within 250 tiles of the starting point. After that it scales until it reaches the standard noise at 500 tiles.

So I think, for your purposes, you could set "How to get salt early game" to "Both of the above" or "A starting area patch to mine" and get the behavior you desire. Testing with ClaustOrephobic, this does seem to address the concern.

Please let me know if that doesn't work for you.

a month ago

Hey, thank you for looking in to this. Changing that setting indeed solves my problem.
Now i feel a bit silly, for not considering this setting in the first place, then again i only have a very vage idea how ore generation works in vanilla and i have no clue how ClaustOrephobic does what it does.

New response