Salt & Chlorine

by brevven

Adds salt, chlorine and more to the base game. Reworks advanced circuit production. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b A couple of bugs and questions

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I'm really liking the additions from this one! (I play with K2 so having more uses for underutilized resources such as chlorine and to a lesser extent ammmonia is very much appreciated). I just have a couple issues to report and have a few questions.

• The new Graphite & Diamonds mod setting added for this mod shows as Unknown Key: "mod-setting-name.bzcarbon-enable-carbon-fiber"
  • The low density structure recipe is shown twice in the Carbon nanotubes technology research window.

I was also wondering whether or not the following are intentional (note that I am using Very BZ with K2+SE):

• The "tier 3" Low Density Structure recipe (using aeroframe scaffolds) is unaffected by the Salt & Chlorine mod, however the two previous "tiers" (the basic recipe and the nanotubes recipe) both use carbon fiber.
  • SE Postprocess adds a "tier 2" Electronic Components recipe when running the game with K2 that is more efficient (it uses 3 plastic, 3 glass, 3 silicon, and 3 lithium to make 10 electronic components over 10 seconds) however it is completely untouched by any bz mods (and thus switching to it makes some recipe changes from bz obsolete, such as silicon wafers and the newly added PCB).
  • Related to the above, K2 has an electronic components smelting-crafting recipe (only available in the advanced assembling machine) that creates electronic components directly from stone, plastic bars and water that is untouched by any bz mods. I just wanted to bring this up because of the recipe mentioned above even though it seems unlikely to me that changing this recipe is planned or intended.
1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for your feedback and reports!

The issues in Graphite & Diamonds are fixed for the next release. Should go out relatively soon.

For your questions:

• The tier 3 LDS recipe is now updated in Graphite & Diamonds to use carbon fiber, as well. All LDS recipes have been fixed to replace plastic with carbon fiber properly.
  • This lithium electronic component recipe is a bit of an issue right now. It's created in the "Space Exploration Postprocess" mod, which basically means I cannot modify it in a reasonable way. There are a couple extremely hacky things I could try but they'd probably cause more problems than they solve. However I know that the SE+K2 folks believe it can be moved into a better place so other mods can modify it, so for the moment I am waiting on that.
  • I have updated the smelting-crafting recipe to use PCB instead of plastic (i don't think this really breaks the spirit, as plastic is already a "processed" intermediate rather than a raw resource). There may be an argument for adding salt, copper ore, and iron ore instead, but that seems like overkill.

New response