Salt & Chlorine

by brevven

Adds salt, chlorine and more to the base game. Reworks advanced circuit production. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

i No salt patches around

1 year, 4 months ago

I can't craft shotgun shells because there is no salt patch acessible and getting salt from water requires tier 2 assemblers.
Maybe remove salt from shotgun shells recipe or make salt a starting resource?

Cheers

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

There is a recipe bypass option in the mod settings, you just put the name of the recipe you want to bypass in the text field. Having salt guaranteed in the starting area sounds good to me though.

The recipe name for shotgun shells is simply:
shotgun-shell

Hope that helps.

1 year, 4 months ago

There is a recipe bypass option in the mod settings, you just put the name of the recipe you want to bypass in the text field. Having salt guaranteed in the starting area sounds good to me, although it's generally been there in my testinv so far anyway.

The recipe name for shotgun shells is simply:
shotgun-shell

Hope that helps.

1 year, 4 months ago

Accidentally double-posted, mobile is finicky.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Thank you! I hadn't thought of that! <3

By the way, I also removed salt from the steel plate recipe because I'm disabling the salt patches on the ground entirely.
For the later recipes I'll just craft the salt.

Cheers

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for this feedback. I should indeed probably add a salt patch to starting resources. Or I might just enable fluid crafting in tier 1 assemblers. I'll think on it a bit.

1 year, 4 months ago

Your mods are my absoulute favorite and I'm glad I can give useful feedback!

I'll just share a few of my thoughts while you think about it. Shotgun shells are one of the very first techs. They're extremely cost efficient and quite important if you play with a lot of biters. I think they should stay accessible early. With some mods like AAI industry you only have burner assemblers for a while so you wouldn't be a ble to craft shotgun shells until you get a bunch more techs. Unless, of course, you have a salt patch closeby. I personally don't like to have too many different resource patches that I only need tiny amounts of, so I will probably keep salt patches disabled. Hopefully I will still be able to craft my precious shotgun shells. Looking forward to what you decide on.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for pointing out the potential shotgun + burner assemblers issue! I agree that it's important to have the shotgun as an option early game.

1 year, 4 months ago

How about changing the device to make salt from water to furnaces?
I think it natural yielding salt by simmering water.

1 year, 4 months ago

Been trying BZ + Warptorio which needed some hacks to make in warptorio/planetorio to make it generate the BZ resources which mostly worked, however natural gas seems to only generate in the starting area sometimes and I haven't been able to make salt generate in the starting area at all. So for this specific set of mods I might not be able to do steel at all until fluid handling. Adding salt to the starter patches would definitely be welcome in this case! (I tried setting has_starting_area_placement = true, in salt.lua but I guess that might not be enough? Scouting out a bit I did see salt patches so they are at least being generated)

1 year, 4 months ago

I'm going to add a "how to get salt early game" mod startup setting.
It will have either (or both) of:

1. fluid-enabled tier 1 assemblers (and tier 0 for aai industry) - these will also work with K2, which will have an alternative faster recipe for filtration
  2. starter patch of salt for mining

I may consider eventually making a different building to handle evaporation of water, but not sure if I will actually get to this. I also love the furnace idea, but it's hard to work with fluids early game.

1 year, 2 months ago

How can I regenerate starting patch of salt on a existing game save?

1 year, 1 month ago

Sorry for belated reply here. You would have to use something like this:

https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Add_new_resource_patch

New response