Aluminum

by brevven

Adds aluminum, alumina, cables, alloys and more to the game. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

i Nice concept

2 years ago

Well done. Your bz mods are achieving what i tried with 248k - adding new stuff to basegame but also modded and not breaking progression but rather enhancing it. Esp. k2 is just too easy without bz. So well done. ^^

Do you plan on adding new elements in the future - just in terms of additional items + recipes?
Maybe refining the foundry concept could add some depth/more mechanics than just more complexity.

2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! I've been considering starting a 248k run. Mostly just to play, but also might be fun to make my mods further compatible (though I have tested that they load fine together at the moment!)

I do plan on adding more. I have some rough plans here, which may change of course: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=546267#p546267

I would like to keep improving on the Foundry. I added it because it didn't feel right sticking a lot of metal casting stuff into assemblers. And it did feel right to start with a burner building for that. For the moment I've enabled optional alternate recipes for making plates -- more complex but fewer resources.

New response