Make things for warfare.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

g Plasma Towers still overpowered / unbalanced

3 years ago

Hi,
I really love your mods, but can you nerf the plasma turrets even more?
As BlackMoon described, they are so extremly overpowered, that you just need 1 plasma turret MK 1 and a couple of power poles to destroy any enmy base almost instant.
That makes all other turrets useless and is kind of boring I think.

Maybe you consider it as a high dealing damage turret against giant aliens for the late game .
Something like
- draw = 5MW / 2000 alienartefacts needed (to prevent building hundrets of them)
- energy_consumption ~50 MJ - (currently no impact on energygrid compared to laser turrets)
- charging time 30 sec (like a battery would be a cool thing if possible - only fires when fully charged)
- AoE covering only 2 bugs (preventing to kill a complete nest or make extreme collateral damage anymore).
- dealing only laser damage so immune aliens are not affected

It woulbe be even more awesome if the values (dmg multiplier per tier, cooldown base value,..) are kind of customizable.

I would really appreciate it if you can at least provide an option to disable plasma turrents and weapons ( on cars).
Last but not least: Thank you for the hard work!
Kind regards

2 years ago

If you were using the enemy mod too, you'd be swamped with only one baby plasma turret. I needed two Mk5s pointing each direction and a bunch of lasers just to reliably lock-down a chokepoint. I find the problem is that the weapons & enemies get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too powerful to the point where the player needs to be virtually unkillable to not be slaughtered in the endgame.

That's why it's OP against base game stuff, including the enemy mod's stuff in the long run: it has to be against the endless tide of rainbow bugs.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I did some study on the plasma turrets today. If they seem unbalanced, it's probably because of the sticker. With energy weapon damage 7, plasma turret 5 does 60 x 43.2 x 4=10368 plasma damage per second. Add in the 5000-8000 damage from the direct hit, and even leviathans won't last long.

New response