Bob's Warfare

Make things for warfare.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

g Sniper Turret ammo usage

3 years ago

So, I am one of the few people who is fine with most of the settings of sniper turrets, but any way to make them use more ammo?

For example, can you setup a script so when they are fired, they delete their current ammo pack instead of being able to fire 10 shots per ammo pack? (or whatever it is by default)

3 years ago

I really don't like monitoring scripts. There is no "when fired" event, which means you'd basically have to constantly monitor the inventory of all turrets, and if it changes, delete the ammo. and they can shoot so fast, that it would have to be very regular, which means it'll REALLY slow the game down.

A better solution would be to just give them their own more expensive ammo type.

3 years ago

Yea, I would be OK with a more expensive ammo type (or one with only a 1 or 2 ammo magazine but otherwise cost similar to the existing ammo, so that logistically you still have to move a lot of ammo items to feed a wall).

The only downside would be lack of support for all your other ammo types, or a lot of new ammo items.

3 years ago

A thought, Can you change the ammo count of all magazine ammo (standard, AP, uranium and bobs) as a 'mod startup option'?

As sniper turrets have completely replaced regular turrets in my game (I feel range is king), I wouldn't mind just setting all ammo to only have 1 or 2 or 3 shots per magazine.

Its not like I can't easily carry enough for my own person weapon at even 2 shots per magazine, and it would allow people to adjust the difficulty of ammo based turrets however they like.

New response