Bob's Warfare

Make things for warfare.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

g Collateral Damages from Plasma Turret

4 years ago

I find it annoying how the plasma turret's plasma balls could suddenly destroy all of your front defenses because of a single biter near them. Is it possible to have a limited arc range (like 90deg in front) instead of a whole circle? These collateral damages happen whenever the defenses are set up in a line formation full of plasma turrets.

4 years ago

I was actually thinking about this yesterday, the flamethrower has a 120 degree firing arc, so I was going to copy that into the plasma turrets.

4 years ago

Pls do whenever it is possible, I cant stand the collateral damages xD Thanks!

4 years ago

I came here wondering about this exact issue. What a coincidence. I thought for a while that it may be intentional though, because the plasma turret is quite good, and this was an interesting way to balance it- made it much better in chokepoint situations where natural terrain blocked the biters from getting close enough to your wall for the turret to blow it up, and also made it very useful for those self-sustained miniature outposts where the entire thing is contained below the minimum range of the turret.

4 years ago

unfortunately, this change will probably break those outposts that currently make use of the omni-directional firing of the turret...

New response