Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [Idea]Possible sink for Sodium Hydroxide

4 years ago

I've been playing around with some ideas for how to cope with mid-game sodium hydroxide overload that aren't too cheaty and still make sense. I kind of fudged the thermochemisty a bit but a recipe for 10 units water, 1 unit sulfuric acid, 1 unit sodium hydroxide to 10 units of 165 degree steam has been working nicely. It ignores the sodium sulfate that would be made but that seems okay :) This steam can then either be vented with a void pump or put through a steam engine to get a little bit of power out of it. Thoughts?

4 years ago

I'm guessing you don't have bobtech installed.
If you do, chemical science pack costs sodium hydroxide.
The issue becomes reversed, you end up having to vent hydrogen and chlorine to be able to produce enough Sodium Hydroxide to keep up with research.

4 years ago

I do, but I have run out of stuff to research given what I have on hand (and have thousands of units of blue science stockpiled too). But I make a lot of stuff using plastic and circuits and those both result in NaOH byproducts.

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

meh, sad to see this still here after 3 years. If we just had any hydroxide solution of any sort, made of it combined with water or any other crap, we could just void it

KiwiHawk β˜†
5 months ago

meh, sad to see this still here after 3 years. If we just had any hydroxide solution of any sort, made of it combined with water or any other crap, we could just void it

I've taken over maintenance of Bob's mods. Haven't bothered to look at any issues older than a couple of years.

Are you playing with Angel's mods as well? Or just Bob's? I know that with Angel's, it can be made into Sodium Hydroxide Solution and then voided.

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Oh, didn't expected any reply, thanks for checking in.
Just bobs and other mods, but not angels.
What I do is just install an extra incinerator mod to void them but would be nice if we could do it from the mod.
it is a by produc of just pure water basically, which is infinity (burn water for salt then more pure water).

Removing it or adding as part of other new recipes would be nice but that would probably be way to hard and intrusive, breaking other people saves.
One way would be to have a new recipe that combine it with water or something and make it as alternative way for an existing fluid/gas.

Or, if we look at the source issue, it come as a by produc of trying to make Chlorine. So, we could maybe use it as some kind of burnable, so we can just use it as fuel, since it is used to make explosives products. Combining it with wood, since we have green houses, or oil (crude or one of the cracked versions).
In that way we can just feed it to the boilers and fuel lines.
Or a new way on getting Chlorine that doesn't result in tons of waste Sodium Hydroxide...
Maybe convert it back for some extra oxygen... or as an air purifier

KiwiHawk β˜†
5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

I'm aiming to have the next version of Bob's mods out before Christmas. Not sure that I'll find time to look at this in time for that. But I'll get it logged to be investigated further later on.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates/discussion/5e76984d41dbdc000b763a59

New response