Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g new game steel/o2/pure water choke (full Bob suite)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

found my path in the light of day. Forgot about the existence of distilleries, which an be crafted early to get through this issue. I'd delete this post, but apparently that's not something I can do?

I was past initial setup on my last playthrough when the oxygen requirement for steel was introduced, so I thought nothing of it (other than cursing for a minute when I realized all my prod was down.) I just started a new game, and am stumped on how to get steel up and running. according to my FNEI my two options are compressed air into a chem plant for O2/NO2, but the chem plant requires steel to make...or I use an electrolyser to split 02 & Hydrogen. buuuuttttt.... that requires pure water, and to make pure water, I need that damn chem plant again. (I don't have water bores on, because being able to conjure water/pure water anywhere on the map with no effort feels terribly cheaty)
am I missing something? I'll feel awfully silly if I am, considering the obscene number of hours I have logged on this game, but... I'll take feeling silly over feeling frustrated any day of the week.

4 years ago

You can use a distillery to make pure water

Offshore pump -> distillery -> electrolyser -> tank white (might want to use gas vent if you are getting too much at the start)

New response