Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g More accurate recipe

4 years ago

You can totally ignore this if you want, if you like recipes as they are, but I couldn't help noticing that the current sulfuric acid recipe is not accurate.

Sulfuric acid comes from sulfuric oxide plus water, sulfuric oxide has 3 oxigen atoms, not just 2 (SO3)

SO3+H2O=H2SO4
SO2+H2O=H2SO3

I propose that you change the SO2 recipe for a SO3 one, and use that to get sulfuric acid, or just keep the SO2 recipe, but instead of water, use H2O2 to generate sulfuric acid, or leave it as it is now, just an idea, I'm too perfectionist

4 years ago

I'll look into this one, but, consider that Sulfur Dioxide was chosen on purpose. I also based the recipe on that I read "bubbling sulfur dioxide through water" as a method of generating Sulfuric acid.

Still, a lot of my sulfur chemistry is a bit borderline real.

4 years ago

You do obtain an acid with sulfur dioxide, but that is sulfurous acid (H2SO3)

But as I said, you can leave it as it is, it's not really that important

4 years ago

But you said sulfur dioxide was chosen on purpose, in that case you can use hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), wich is already an obtainable fluid, to make sulfuric acid, this way the atoms balance would be accurate, and the recipe would be a little more complex.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

But you said sulfur dioxide was chosen on purpose, in that case you can use hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), wich is already an obtainable fluid, to make sulfuric acid, this way the atoms balance would be accurate, and the recipe would be a little more complex.

The main issue I see is not the complexity of the recipe, but that Hydrogen peroxide is unlocked a lot further down in the tech tree, and only if the rocket fuel revamp is active. (which most people who don't use the full set won't be using)

I'll look at things and consider it though.

4 years ago

Oh, I didn't notice that, then netvermind, leave it as it is now

New response