Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Error loading mod with Angels smelting

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)
4 years ago

the same thing, I'll wait for the fix

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've got the same problem, don't know how long it will take for bob to fix it, but I found a solution that won't require much.
All you need to do is go back to version 0.17.6 of Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates (aka "bobplates"):
1. Open you factorio mods folder (if you play on windows, then press Windows + R -> then type "%appdata%" (without the " things) -> Factorio -> mods
2. Delete bobplates version 0.17.7
3. Download version 0.17.6 at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates/downloads
4. Copy paste to your factorio mods folder.

This should fix it while bob's working on the fix for a future patch. Note that doing this will reset your bobplates mod configuration, putting it back to when you first downloaded it without doing any configuration changes, so keep that in mind. Most likely, if you didn't change much at all, you'll only find the water pump recipes to be turned off, just turn them on and you should be fine.
Also, remember not to update it back to version 0.17.7, otherwise, you'll run at the same problem again. Best advice I can give is to do as I said above and wait until version 0.17.8 or something.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Sorry, I duplicated the message accidentaly while editing it, ignore this.

4 years ago

Angel needs to fix the issue actually, he is replacing icons and assuming the size doesn't change.
Since I updated some icons to HD, that's where the issue is. (Angel replacing HD icons with normal size icons and not setting the icon_size tag)

Angel knows about this issue and said he'll release a fix soon.

New response