Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g "Utilization waste"

7 years ago

Hey.

A couple of times I played with your mods.
They are great.

I have an idea. It is known that not all storage containers for gas and liquid fill up symmetrically.
After filling the container the gas can block the production of another component production. It is frustrating.

There are three solutions.
(1) The first is the addition of a large quantity of containers. But they used to be filled.
(2) You can also manually remove part of the container and put them back together again. The contents of containers removed is lost. Once again, we have placed a new place for storage. (Magically disappears any gas and liquid.)
(3) Add a new item in the game called "Utilization waste". His role was to liquidation surplus of gases and liquids. Irrevocably.
He saw to it anyway.
As is known network in the containers as a percentage evenly distribute the gases and liquids.
"Utilization waste" also owned by his example capacity 1000 units.
If "Utilization waste" was filled to 100%, then he tried to 10% of its stocks to destroy.
Eg. Nitrogen can release more without sacrificing the environment. But eg. Lubricants required to more time.
It may require to fuel coal, electric versions.
Some products needed to further eg. water or varbon as the catalyst. And generate atmospheric pollution.
All the network to supply gases and liquids was smoother and more stable.
It might create interesting solutions.

Regards
Jakub Sarnecki
kuba@unas.com.pl

6 years ago

The ONLY problem I faced that was similar to this was when having 0.5 unit-remnants in tanks and/or pipes (think 1 unit of water spread out in 2 or more tanks) but in the previous version of the game (and using some mods) I made a Pumping station that handled multiple fluid-tanks (containing different fluids) hooked up to a central pipeline. To be exact; using Factorissimo and Angel's Mods I made a MOBILE Mining station. Unsorted ore (you only have 6 Raw ore sources using Angel's Mods to refine all 10-ish other ores from) went in and plates (or refined Ores) came out. To do so you need various chemicals (like Sulpheric Acid, hydrochloric acid and others) to be stored WITHIN said Factorissimo's Factory module). Using pumps from Bob's between tanks you can create a situation where 0.5 unit remnants can be pumped back and forth (or round) and, using the Circuit Networkm automate this. As such; no fluids were ever wasted; simply pumped back into their storage tanks.

I hope that, in a few weeks when 0.15 goes live and/or all mods are updated I can make something like that again.

So in short; have you tried pumps to "force" fluids in the direction you want and using a singular extra tank per "extra" version of fluid you want to hook up to that same network? Just use pumps where you would normally use inserters.

New response