Bob's Character classes

Adds character classes to the game.

2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Conflict resolution

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Good evening,

I have been made aware and worked out an issue involving your mod, Bob's Character classes, and my version of Hovercrafts. It also involves the mod, Canalbuilder17.

I am very new to modding, but have figured out it is due to canal builder's swimming, hovercrafts, and your special classes. Picking one allows players and biters to swim in deep water. Adding my version of hovercrafts as an optional dependency to your mod resolves the issue. I would be grateful if you would do so or if you have any other solution I am all ears. Happy to learn a better way to fix this and possible future issues regarding conflicts.

"? Hovercrafts >= 0.17.0"

Thanks

5 years ago

Adding your mod as a dependency to mine forces yours to load first. This seems odd as most of the issues are usually fixed by the reverse, the other person adding my mod as a dependency.

Before I go and implement a "This seems to fix it" solution, what exactly is the issue?

After a quick browse, I have a speculation.
Is the issue that my classes can't swim?

in hovercraft.lua (which loads in data.lua) you have the line:
data.raw.player.player.collision_mask = {"player-layer","train-layer","consider-tile-transitions","layer-12"}
(this looks terrible on here. I usually do this sort of Q&A on the forums)
instead... I would recommend you remove that line from there, and move it to data-updates.lua or data-final-fixes.lua instead.
and then change it to the following:
for index, player in pairs(data.raw.player) do
player.collision_mask = {"player-layer", "train-layer", "consider-tile-transitions", "layer-12"}
end
This little loop will make the change to ALL player entities (that already exist, but by this point ALL entities should exist, otherwise you're modding wrong), not just the default.

Also, you should probably check this out:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=70188&p=426849#p426646

5 years ago

I thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I am very new to modding and I'm learning this all as I go from trial and error. The issue was a that your classes broke swimming and could swim in both deep and shallow water; however, your suggestion does in fact resolve the issue. Therefore, there is no need to add any dependencies.

Thanks again. It is very clear that I have a lot left to learn.

New response