Bob's Assembling machines

Adds assembling machines 4, 5 and 6. And other machine higher tiers too.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g 1.2.x ignores SE Simplified

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Hi,

In Space Explorartion Simplified by LeahCim4686, Pyroflux is disabled. Chemical Plant 2 till version 1.1.6 has no need of Pyroflux.

But with version 1.2.0 I need suddenly Pyroflux to build Chemical Plant 2. Please deactivate it.

/bobassambly/prototypes/se-updates.lua:

data.raw.recipe["chemical-plant-2"].ingredients = {
      { type = "item", name = "advanced-circuit", amount = 5 },
      { type = "item", name = "se-heat-shielding", amount = 6 },
      { type = "fluid", name = "se-pyroflux", amount = 8 },
      { type = "item", name = "steel-plate", amount = 5 },
      { type = "item", name = "chemical-plant", amount = 1 },
    }
    data.raw.recipe["chemical-plant-2"].category = "crafting-with-fluid"
3 months ago

Removal

{ type = "fluid", name = "se-pyroflux", amount = 8 },

is helping temporary. But a check against seoh is better.

3 months ago

I'm the one responsible for our recent push into Bob's+SE integration. We've revised our plans, and it looks like we now want to move all integration into its own separate mod, which should be out in the next few days. This will allow us to make more frequent releases with smaller download sizes. Please do continue to post any other feedback you have. It's extremely valuable for a project this involved.

3 months ago

It is in my opinion that it is up to SE simplfied to fix what SE simplified broke.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

SE simplified does not broke something, because this mod broke with it's version 1.2.0 SE simplified.

I like Bob's extensions (Adjustable Inserters, Enemies, Greenhouse, Logistics, Mining, PE), but Pyroflux and so on its to much complex. So It's better to check, which component is needed, if it activiated like

ifdef SE-Pyroflux
3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

I don't think so. This mod wants to be compatible with SE. It's under no obligation to be compatible with any other balance patch. If SE simplified wants to be compatible with SEBob, it should do it on it's end, IMO.

If a mod is removing an item\fluid\entity\whatever, it's THEIR responsibility to make sure no other mod panics because it's missing, if at all possible.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

I would agree with this view if a newer mod caused the problem of having to adapt.

Your argument is only followed by the law of the bigger and better mod: SE > Bobs > SE Simplified. But SE Simplified is no longer in development.

But it's a shame that older mods can no longer be used because newer mods replace them. It was compatible up to version 1.2.0. When mods add new functions, they should first query whether an element is defined or not. That would be less aggressive in terms of compatibility.

3 months ago

Making a new mod that fixes the issue, or forking ses and fixing it, are not that difficult of an ask.

It's just not feastible for a mod to be aware of every smaller mod it's changes break.

2 months ago

I'm the one responsible for our recent push into Bob's+SE integration. We've revised our plans, and it looks like we now want to move all integration into its own separate mod, which should be out in the next few days. This will allow us to make more frequent releases with smaller download sizes. Please do continue to post any other feedback you have. It's extremely valuable for a project this involved.

Is that still the plan?

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 months ago

Yes

2 months ago

The new mod has been released here:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/b-se-k2-integration

New response